How soon have you gone back to work after giving birth?

I already have a 3 yr old and didn't go back to work until he was 5 months old. I just had a little girl and I am debating on when I should return to work. Frankly, I don't want to work ever again. My son never went to daycare until he was about 1 1/2 yrs old. We had work schedules that helped avoid the cost and we were able to spend one on one time with him. I don't want my daughter to miss out on that opportunity as well.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:47 AM on Apr. 23, 2011 in General Parenting

• I had my son on February 8th and I go back to work May 2nd. I've been ready to work for a while now but I just don't want to, I wasn't planning on taking the whole 12 weeks of maternity leave but I've been loving all this family time. It's great to be home for my husband and both my kids and doing the whole stay at home mom thing. I'm actually planning on only working full-time for a few months and going down to part time to be at home more.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 2:57 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• With my first 3 kids, 4 weeks after birth. My husband & I worked opposite shifts, so we didn't use daycare.
    txnmomof4

Answer by txnmomof4 at 3:14 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• With baby number 3, I went back to work exactly 2 weeks after she was born. But I was only working 2 days a week then. With baby number 4, I went back to work only 6 days after she was born. But I was only working 1 day a week then. I now only work 2 days a week and pregnant again. So when this kid is born, if it's not on a day I usually work, I will just go back whenever my next workday rolls around. That is, if I have an easy vaginal birth like I've had before.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 11:04 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• DD was less than 6 weeks old, I think it was about 4 1/2 weeks. I didn't really have a choice. Landlords don't let rent slide just because you had a baby!
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 11:35 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• EEEKK!! 6 days??? THat is crazy! lol My first one was 14 months, and ds as 18 months.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 12:19 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• i believe that my dd wa 6 weeks old. I didn't want to but bills don't pay themselves.
    yummysmummy

Answer by yummysmummy at 6:35 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Not judgeing, me, never! I have 5 kids, and feel that God made me a mother to care for my kids 100% of the time! JMHO
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 6:25 PM on Apr. 24, 2011