Pink eye ear infection bloody runny nose accompanied by a fever..

aeYh my daughter. Sshe had a fever and then last night ear infection. Now today both of her eyes are gooping very lightly pink looking watering and crusty eye lashes. Also has a light raspy cough. Im so bumme4 fo her. Shesin good spirits though. Whst can I do for this? I have homeopathic drops warm compress for her ear, and homeopathic drops for her eyes too. Anything else I cjan do to make her more comfortable?

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:58 AM on Apr. 23, 2011 in Kids' Health

• Honestly, I am in favor of using as little meds as needed, but I think I would take her into the Dr, because it sounds like she has a pretty serious infection going on and could be needing antibiotics. I know that frequently ear and sinus infections can go hand in hand, and that they can also spread to the eyes. I also know that sinus infections can lead to bronchitis and that can sometimes lead to pneumonia (that's happened to me before - sinus infections that ended up causing me to get bronchitis, and a couple of times that turned into pneumonia.)

At the point that all of this is going on, I would be taking her in to the Dr. I hope she feels better soon!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 4:14 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• yes wash her eyes with baby shampoo (only a no tears solution)
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:10 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Go to dr. Sounds like pink eye.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 12:55 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• That sounds exactly like the bug that has been going around our town. Conjunctivitis, upper resp, ear infection, and fever. For my kids I did warm compresses for their eyes and just kept them clean. Its not "pink eye" if it is accompanied by many other symptoms. Steamy showers, lots of fluids, and let the fever run. For the ear ache we did garlic oil because we couldn't get to a health food store, but if you can, Wally's ear oils are awesome. If its a similar virus, it only lasted my kids for 1-3 days depending on the kid.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 11:47 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Sounds like she needs a doc.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 9:03 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Go to Dr. Sounds like pink eye
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 11:07 AM on May. 9, 2011

• Go to the doc. If you are breastfeeding bm is good for pink eye
    Jerichos_Mommy

Answer by Jerichos_Mommy at 2:13 AM on May. 22, 2011

• if she has that many infections id bring her to the drs
    ilovemyboys84

Answer by ilovemyboys84 at 8:41 PM on May. 28, 2011