Ok I know I have to tell them sometime and I am kind of emotionally sensitive right now

I actually have to tell family about my plan to have another c-section. I know it's going to hurt my Mom and it's going to be really hard with my inlaws considering they were already kind of back to nature people and now my SIL is pregnant and I think leaning toward being a Bradley person(we have a friend who's one and she got very upset when she found out I had the diabetes test last time).

I'm a little sensitive at the current moment and am not a person who's comfortable with confrontation or telling people to shut up and mind there own business. So is there a way you would go about it that might be easier all around and I won't be in tears afterward?

Really please I need something besides just telling them off I really can't

lizziebreath

Asked by lizziebreath at 3:07 AM on Apr. 23, 2011 in General Parenting

• I am sure there seems no easy way around it. Everyone has to understand you are doing what is best for you and baby. Times are different now a days and we have options. Would they be upset if you weren't planning on a c section and in the middle of labor had to have an emergency c section to save the babies life? It is hard not to tell someone off at times you think their opinions should be kept to themselves. Family loves to butt in. But be clear, frank and stick with your decision when you confront them on the issue. Don't back down and let them know you are doing what you know/think is best for you and your baby. Not to defy their wishes or upset them. Good luck.
    hooahreg

Answer by hooahreg at 3:12 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I was thinking maybe you can wait until its almost time to deliver to tell them because you shouldn't have to deal with that now, you should try and avoid being aggravated and if you bring it up now its gonna cause problems so I wouldn't say anything besides its your body and all that matters is you and babies health and that you both come through this healthy
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 5:21 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Try writing a letter and send it to everyone. I always find that I express myself more clearly when I put it in writing. Explain the reasons for the decision to do a c-section and explain your understanding of their disappointment, but be clear that the decision is not up for debate. Tell them that you welcome the attention of all who are willing to be loving and supportive, but all others should stay away until after the baby is born. Good luck.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 7:41 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• If all that's going to happen if you tell them ahead of time is that they'll make you feel bad, then don't tell them ahead of time. You don't deserve a guilt trip over your choice.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:41 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I wouldn't tell them. What happens in the delivery room whether C section or natural or anything else, is between you, your doctor and your labor coach. That is it. You should not feel obligated to tell another soul. Boundaries are very important to have as an adult. One boundary is your body and how you are handling your pregnancy. Nobody's business but your own. It sounds like you have gestational diabetes. My husband's ex wife had this and their baby was 10 lbs 14 oz. On the delivery table her uterine wall tore and she had to have an emergency C section and then blood transfusions. Your doctor would not suggest this way to have your baby unless he/she were concerned. If you are adult enough to have a child, you are adult enough to keep your own counsel. These other people are busy bodies. Just don't tell.
    lilangilyn

Answer by lilangilyn at 11:03 AM on Apr. 23, 2011