It's a tricky situation

I had a one night stand with a guy that I didn't tell my SO about, and I was sleeping with him at the same time. I got pregnant right about the time frame I had the one night stand! I don't want to ask for pat. test from SO but I have a pretty strong feeling baby is not his. Anyone ever go through something like this? Were you right after having pat. test? :\

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:28 AM on Apr. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• less said, soonest mended
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 5:46 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Hope the affair guy was of the same nationality as yourDH.  Two was to handle this, 1) do not tell your DH and hope he does not ever find out it might not be his. 2)Tell your DH you had an affair, and you suffer the consequences.

Answer by louise2 at 7:56 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• If I were you, I'd tell my DH. Do you really want to think of your infidelity every time you look at your child? I wouldn't. Tell him and get it out of the way. Yes, he may leave, but he also may stay and work it out with you, you never know. Good luck!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:38 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I'd want to know who fathered my child. Whatever else happened I would deal with.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:54 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Thanks for answers so far...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:53 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I think you should get the paternity test yourself first. Then if he is not the father, he needs to know. Whether it ends the relationship or not, he needs to know.
    lilangilyn

Answer by lilangilyn at 7:30 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• If you still have contact with the ONS, get him to have the test to check pat. If he's not the father then you'll know. I'm not a fan of telling to relieve your consience, it destroys lives. If you've been faithful since and you're happy, live and learn. Now if the test goes the other way, you have to come clean.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:43 PM on Apr. 27, 2011