How often do you talk to your parents

I talk to my mother maybe twice a week and see her 1-2 times a month. She lives about 45 min away. This past week she has had some medical issues and my brother who lives 2 states away and calls her every 2 weeks is mad because I don't call her more often.
Ok I can see the seeing her more often than he can but how hard is it to call more often.

Do you think just because a sibling lives physically closer justifies more often phone calls. I am the mother of 5 work part time in the evenings and are active in my children's activities and the community. He works full time has 2 kids and I'm sure just involved in his kids activities as I am in mine. He has long comute each day where he could call home every few days just to check in.

I know this is more of a vent than a question. I also guess it downtown help that he has also always been closer to my mother emotionally than I have. He was a mommas boy i was a daddy's girl

mtnaspen

Asked by mtnaspen at 6:01 AM on Apr. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• When my mother was alive I spoke to her every day and she lived in NJ and I live in FL. I speak to my father on average every other day. He now lives about 2 hrs north of me. I don't understand, why is your brother mad at you for not calling more if your the one doing more calling?
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 7:43 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I talk to my mom if not every day at least every other day. I also visit her and my dad every other weekend (used to be every weekend until the soaring gas prices).

NubianQueen78

Answer by NubianQueen78 at 8:15 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I'm in IL and my family is in CA. We speak at least every other day. There are emails, FB messages and regular mail that goes back and forth off an on as well. If we lived by each other and were able to see each other, we would at least be having Sunday dinners together.
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 8:28 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I call my mom everyday and see her 2-3 times a month just because she lives an hour away.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 8:40 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I used to talk to my mom at least a couple times a week and hardly ever talked to my dad. But I haven't talked to either in the past 7 months.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 8:42 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I try to talk to my mom once a week. I only chat with my dad if he's the one who answered the phone, or if Mom hadn't made it home yet. Mon-Fri are horrible days right now, and I'm so busy shuffling kids back and forth to school, I rarely get the opportunity to chat with my mom throughout the week.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 9:15 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• i talked to my mom probably at least 4 or 5 times a day, and see her at least once every day unless im away on vacation or something like that..
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:19 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I talk to and see my parents everyday.
    sheena696

Answer by sheena696 at 9:44 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Both of my parents are dead. I used to talk with them both almost everyday, my mom sometimes more than once a day. I miss them both, my heart breaks all over every day when I think of my mom.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:52 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I don't talk to my dad too much anymore. I love him, but the way he is now, I just think he's not a good person to have around my kids. My mother died when I was still a kid, but I still "talk" to her daily, kind of the same way you might "talk" to "God". When things get overwhelming with the kids, or at work I can't help but think, "Help me out here, Mom." or something like that. When the kids were little, and I had to explain to them why they didn't have a grandma, I told that they had a grandma in heaven who loved them very much, because I believe that to be true. It sounds crazy, but I think she would like to know that she's never stopped being a part of my life.
    lytate95

Answer by lytate95 at 10:11 AM on Apr. 23, 2011