I'm feeling guilty staying at home...

My poor husband is at work. He is working nights. My house is a complete mess. And I don't feel like doing a darn thing but play with the computer, eat popcorn, and drink some hot chocolate. Don't get me wrong, I have done alot today. Between breakfast, lunches, dinner, basketball games, laundry, and not to mention I spent a couple hours with my daughter at school I haven't had a chance to sit down until now. The problem is that I know I should clean and have everything nice and neat for the morning, but I just don't want to. So I am feeling guilty because it is not like my husband can just say he doesn't want to go to work and not go, so why am I still here on Cafe Mom, with my house a mess, contemplating making a 3rd cup of hot chocolate? Lol. Should I get up off my B*TT, and clean my house?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:32 AM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Just for Fun

• sometimes, you just need a break.. so do it in the morning or something sounds like you have done a good amount today, do it in the morning and get some rest and relax a little bit :)
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:35 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Dont worry I'm the same way sometimes. What gets me modivated though is just telling myself "OK, hubby is at work, I should be working too." Of course he is at work during the day, leaves the house about 7am and I'm still sleeping until about 9:30 LOL but I'm still up and its 3:30am! So I work A LOT all through out the day, I'm a 24/7 mommy so its ok to have your days where you just dont wanna do anything at all!
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 4:36 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Your DH probably works 8-12 hour shifts then comes home and gets to relax a little. A stay at home mom's job is 24-7. So what if you take a break, if anyone says anything tell them that the state labor board requires you to take at least an hour break per 8 hour shift. :-) Let the house be messy for a couple of hours and enjoy yourself.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 6:45 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• well i don't feel guilty. i worked from the time i was fifteen and i was working the whole time i have been with my husband. when we found out i was pregnant (this is our first together) we are a blended family. anyways he told me i didn't have to go back to work. the house is always clean when he gets home the children are taken care of the laundry is usually done lol and dinner is made and on top of all that i do the running for our family, his mother and my parents. so he knows how busy my days are. i work just as hard as he does making sure this family is working the way it is supposed to. and i still have time for cafemom.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 7:46 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I've been just as bad. My DH works 12hrs every 2 to 3 days. When he does work, i get up with him at 5am, but I"m usually so tired by 8:30 that Ihave to head back to bed (yea, prenatal vitamins have yet to help with being tired all the time.) SO The apartment doesn't get cleaned. Then when he's home, we just want to relax and spend time together. I'll probably get off my but this week though, we have company next week.
    You should try that, invite some friends over next week, that always encourages me to get off my @$$ and make the place look presentable. It never fails!
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 8:03 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• It isn't like you "called off" today...you had a full day in. I'm sure you believe he deserves some down time when his shift ends...don't you go pulling double shifts every day out of guilt or you'll end up nuts-o. Thank goodness my SO doesn't care what the house looks like or I'd be in trouble! lol
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:42 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I get up at 7, get the kids off to school, get the baby breakfast, get on the computer for a little, play with the baby, clean, do my housework, (with a little CM in between), kids come home, I help with homework, make dinner, bathe the baby, and at 8pm, I'm done. Whatever isn't done will get done tomorrow. Of course, there are always things that need to be done after 8, but if it can wait, it does. being a SAHM isn't easy and you don't punch a clock. When DH is home from work, he gets to relax, so I made an end-time for me, too. We all deserve guilt-free down time!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 9:07 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I know how you feel. I really do. Go to my page...read my latest journal about a day in my life. YOu will feel SO much better...LOL
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:17 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I COMPLETELY understand. I shouldn't even be responding. I need to just get up and get going!!
    Lacey1012

Answer by Lacey1012 at 10:05 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Wow... Sounds like "I" actually wrote the post! Ha..Sounds like me. I have a bunch of ideas and things I know that needs to be done..but love to be on the computer. I was up until 1am uploading and creating a slideshow. Me too!
    heavenschild99

Answer by heavenschild99 at 11:19 AM on Dec. 3, 2008