Any nurses and/or nursing school students.....

I am going to start taking pre requisites this summer, then apply for the nursing program this fall for NEXT fall (as you have to apply a year in advance). I am wondering if anyone who has, or is going through the nursing program has any tips - as I know it is a difficult thing sometimes to get accepted into the program. Any advice, tips, etc on getting accepted would be GREATLY appreciated!! I am nervous about not getting in next year :(

Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on Apr. 23, 2011 in Money & Work

• I am not a nursing student but I have friends/family who are. See if you can get the list of requirements on how they select the students. My husband's school gives "extra points" for completing all the pre-req classes at that school, having a certain gpa, being involved in a club or volunteering, etc. The school I went to based it off of your gpa, grades for nurse specific classes, an essay, and an interview. If you know what to expect then you can maintain those requirements and you should be good. Good Luck!
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:48 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• My dh is a nurse, It took him a couple tries to get in (most people in our area it does). If you don't have your CNA, that usually helps
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 11:17 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I mean getting your CNA will help
    JLS2388

• If it's like any of the programs I went through, don't plan on having much of a life! It takes up all your time!
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 1:05 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I went to a 4 year program right from HS. It was busy but doable. I did not have a husband or kids at the time though-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 1:40 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• i will applying too, just keep those grades up! and learn the points system, if that applies to your school like it does mine :)
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 7:25 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• for me, the odds oare only 18 percent that I get in the first round. I'm almost expecting not to get in....since it's 75% random draw. If you don't get in, don't feel too bad. theres a greater number who don't get in right away than those that do... atleast here in California
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 12:51 PM on Apr. 24, 2011