I don't understand what is going on and how my tests all came back normal..

I have very very very heavy periods. I lose so much blood it makes me anemic. I also have major major bad cramps to the point of not being able to lay,sit or stand. It takes 2 advil and 2 motrin complete and it still took over an hour for the cramps to finally go away. If I were to count the minutes or hours i had just 1 huge cramp that was nonstop it would have been 2 hours long. I am completly bed ridden for 3 of the 5 days I am on my period. I've had a vaginal ultrasound done as well as bloodwork and a pap and pelvic all came back normal. Now I have to wait until monday and see if the dr. decides what the next step is. I am already about to start again and it's been almost 3 weeks since i saw the dr..does anyone else experience this? and What had to be done?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Apr. 23, 2011 in Health

• I used to. sucks. I took herbs like Evening Primrose Oil daily took away the PMS. I didn't even know that my periods were coming after a while. The Dr. may give you the option to take the pill. It will lighten your periods and make the PMS less. Also do you take iron? I thought I was bleeding to death once and I took my multi-vitamin with iron and it stopped. Vitex is really great too.
    Those Infinity pads are super absorbent. The older we get and the closer to menopause the heavier and weirder our periods get. She may suggest the pill or coterization. (sp?) I think they are both brutal and if you can try some of the other things first before you make that decision you may be better off. Another trick..drink raspberry tea..or if you have strawberries growing..make tea out of the leaves..they both relieve uterine cramping.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I hope that they are able to find a way to help you. I know how frustrating it can be when you see no end coming.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:49 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• yep and I had to call the dr office for my results cuz they never called me
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:52 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Endometriosis? that can only be found with surgery though.
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 10:00 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I had to get a hysterectomy because of Endometriosis. My cramps were beyond painful. If that Dr says nothing is wrong GO to a different Dr. Find a female one. Something has to be wrong causing that much blood loss and pain of that level.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:00 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I have those insane, heavy flow periods as well (seriously, I go through a pad every 10 minutes); usually it's easier to just sit on the toilet and drain. There is no way I can leave the bathroom, let alone the house. I only have cramps twice a year, maybe. For those, I typically take magnesium (it relaxes muscles) and it becomes a non-issue. My doctors have not been able to come up with any viable solution for the bleeding other than to put me on the pill, which I don't want to do. My sis IS on the pill and has the exact same problem.

For awhile, I was taking unsulphured, black strap molasses and it seemed to help with the bleeding (full of magnesium, iron, potassium). It has to be unsulphured for it to work and you take it twice daily (tsp) and then up it to twice daily (tbsp) during your period. You might want to give it a try. Good luck; I know how awful it is.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I go through the same thing to the point where i use a pad and tamponm and change at least twice an hour... Doctors kept telling me it was normal come to find out I had ovarian cysts. You may need to see if endometreosis runs in your family because some of your problems may come from there.. You can always research your problems and present them to the doctor...When in doubt GET A SECOND OPINION(NEVER FEEL GUILTY ABOUT IT EITHER)
    prdVirgobby

Answer by prdVirgobby at 12:28 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Yes,I hear it quite often,hysterectomy. 99% of the time it is a total hysterectomy.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 4:24 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• My aunt had a similar problem and it was determined that she had endometriosis and she had to have a hysterectomy.
    onecuteladybug2

Answer by onecuteladybug2 at 2:30 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Advil and Alive can help with the pain and bleeding. Surgery is not for everyone, and if you found out that Endometriosis wasn't the issue then you have gone through surgery for no reason. I go through this every month, but for me surgery could be deadly.

sweetangie79

Answer by sweetangie79 at 3:35 AM on Apr. 24, 2011