Opinion on family and seeing baby?

My husbands grandparents are different. They stay up till 4 or 5 am. So they came over to drop something off at about 10p one night and wanted to see baby. I had just put her down in her crib because she was sleeping and turned off her bedroom light. To see her I would have to turn on the light and wake her up in the process. now she is calling and telling my husband (who was there at the time it happened) that i refused to let her see the baby. What would you have done? Am i wrong for saying no?

JenniD1

Asked by JenniD1 at 9:46 AM on Apr. 23, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No you are right, they have respect your home!

Just tell them is they want to see the baby they have come over when the baby is awake.
    And you will call them for a visit.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 9:51 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• No you were not wrong, they have to adjust to the babies schedule not theirs.

Answer by older at 9:51 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I would have done it for grandma and grandpa ONCE.... if that was the first time they got to see the baby.
    But if they made a habit of coming that late i would stop answering the door... that is rather rude to come that late.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• No way I would have woken my baby up. I would have said 'oh man, we just got her to sleep but if you stop by tomorrow closer to ___ I bet she will be up and ready to visit.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:02 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• No.. I would not have taken a chance of waking up the baby so she could see her. With her calling I would have my DH tell her to come earlier in the day and she could have see her when she was awake. You did the right thing
    annabelle092810

Answer by annabelle092810 at 10:11 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• you are right, I would say no too! I mean they can come when it's day time. I hate to mess up my son's bed time, b/c he'll get all cranky all night and wake up in a weird time. Now I don't even want to go out for dinner if I can't get home with my son by 9pm which his bed time for him. It's easy for them to come and go, but you are the one who have to deal with it afterward.
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 11:29 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• No you are not wrong. I would have done the same thing. I would tell them to come back at a resonable time to see the baby.

Answer by louise2 at 8:55 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• yes with good manners
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 11:22 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• You're not wrong at all! It's your child and you were doing what's best for her. If they want to see her they can call first and see if it's a convenient time for you AND the baby.

1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 12:47 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• You did the right thing. Hell, I don't answer the door or the phone at 10PM.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:53 PM on Apr. 25, 2011