what could be going on with my body?

i was suppose to get my period on the 21st of november - well i took a few birthcontrol pills right before cuz i didnt wanna get my period that day because the 22nd was my bday and we were going out and i didnt wanna be tied down with my period. anyways, my cycle is always 34 days inbetween. obviouslly because i took 4 birthcontrol pills (17th-21st) i didnt get my period as scheduled. days went past after and i was waiting and waiting for it to come, today i got it! i was like YAY finally. i woke up cramping and knew i was going to be getting it, got it around 3pm today, and now its done.....what is going on with that? could i be preg? i took a test a few days ago and it said neg....and ideas??? - yes we are TTC but took 4 pills on 4 dif days just so i wouldnt get my period on my 21st bday

Kelli.and.Ellie

Asked by Kelli.and.Ellie at 2:57 AM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• its probably just from your birth control. but i dont see why you would take them if you are TTC... because it screws with your body....

i dont think you are pregnant though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:07 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• im sorry didnt wanna have my period on my 21st birthday. i still do have a life outside of trying to get preg again
    Kelli.and.Ellie

Answer by Kelli.and.Ellie at 3:08 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• im not saying that you shouldnt have but i just didnt understand why you took them if you were trying to conceive.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:15 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• well i didnt wanna have my period on my bday - it woulda ruined the night. so i took BC, its not that big of a deal that i will put off TTC for the next few weeks, my periods regular our after 1-2 month after being off of BC so really its a small price to pay to take a few weeks off of TTC to be young and have fun! : )
    Kelli.and.Ellie

Answer by Kelli.and.Ellie at 3:20 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• okay well have fun!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:30 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Ummm you screwed up your own system maybe? I understand that you "wanted to have fun on your 21st birthday" but if your trying to concive what was the point of taking the bc? to stop you from having a period? this just doesnt make any since!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:29 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Taking the BC pills was a personal decision that I'm not about to judge, but you should know that taking a few pills like that off and on can really mess with your hormone levels and make it very difficult for you to concieve. I think things will go back to normal in the next month or two. Good luck.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 6:37 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I was going to say the same as Kimebs. BC pills can screw with your system and you may be a few months getting back on track. They tend to cover up some of the clear symptoms of ovulation and make it a lot harder to detect and track. Not to mention what they do to your emotions. I understand what you were thinking though.....give it a few months and you should be back to normal. Good luck on trying to make that baby!
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:11 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• i am sorry but i dont think you should be TTC if goin out and proble drinkin on your 21st birhtday is more important then a baby. what if you where pregnant and you took those 4 pills and lost your baby. i am 21 to and tryin to have another baby and on my bday i went out had A drink and still had a lot of fun. you should sit down and think about if you really want a baby right now or if goin out if more important bc you cant do that with kids
    mommy033

Answer by mommy033 at 10:03 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• there really is no way for you to justify taking the bc. it makes no sence to be "trying to concieve" and then take bc to just have one night of fun. if you want this life of going out and drinking or whatever then you need to rethink trying to get pregnant. a few years ago i wasint trying nor did i know i was pregnant and i started taking bc and i lost the baby. thats not something you want to have to go threw just for one night of fun. honestly, and im not trying to be mean, i think you have alot of growing up to do before you decide you want to have another baby. its obviously not important enough to you if you feel like you still need to be goin out drinking and what not.
    ArmyWife15

Answer by ArmyWife15 at 10:24 AM on Dec. 3, 2008