How do I keep the kids entertained while in the car for 8 hours?

My family and I are going to New Hampshire next week. We’ll be in the car for over 8 hours; Pennsylvania to New Hampshire. My kids drive me bonkers on a good day. Being cooped up with my 3 daughters ages 7, 4 and 2 along with my impatient husband for that long is going to drive me over the edge. So my question is, does anyone have any suggestions on what we could do in the car to keep them occupied?

We already have a Dvd player in our van so I’m bringing dvds, but I don’t what them to watch tv for that long. When I was young and we went on trips we played games for in the car, but I can’t think of what they are. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

reach4thestars

Asked by reach4thestars at 2:57 PM on Jul. 10, 2008 in General Parenting

• Coloring books,reading,snacks,cd player,etc? That's all I can think of? Hope it helps?
    Anonymous

• for the most part of your trip your 2 year old will most likely sleep and maybe even you 4 year old but for your 7 year old (and when the other two are not asleep) you can play i spy, one person says i spy somthing and the color is _____, then every one takes turns gussing what it is.
    momma2346

Answer by momma2346 at 3:28 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• We do Mad Libs on our 14 hr drive to Virginia.
    Misha_Barista

Answer by Misha_Barista at 2:17 AM on Jul. 12, 2008