Did Evening Primrose Oil tablets work for you?

I started inserting (well, as far up as they would go, I can't reach my cervix right now haha) 2 1,000mg capsules last night. I've read different things on when it would start to make a difference so wanted to ask you ladies. I have an appointment on Monday morning which would only leave me with 3 nights to insert the tablets. Would it make a difference at all? I'll be 38 weeks at my appointment. If it doesn't I'll definitely keep it up, but it'd be nice to see some progress. :]

ours

Asked by ours at 10:09 AM on Apr. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• No, they didn't work. I even had my cervix checked, did absolutley nothing. All it did was leave and oily stain in my undies.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:13 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• How long did you do it for? How much did you use? I've read that it needs to be about 2,000mg a night to actually make a difference.
    ours

Comment by ours (original poster) at 10:17 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I agree with musicmom you'd be better off just waiting, walking and sex is really the only thing that works. I found alot of others to be old wives tales. ~~Mom of 4
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I have been using them since i found out i was dilated to a 1 and 25% effaced.... that was last monday... I went in thursday and i was 2 CM dilated and 50% effaced and that was just 3 days using them... I go back to the dr monday so i will be able to tell u more then, but i use the softgels and you can cut them open or poke a hole in it and just insert the gel and let it soak in so therefore you have to stay elevated from the waist up for like 15-20 min, also i been having a lot of sex... oh and mine are 1300 MG and i just been doing 1 softgel at night time before bed.... So for now i have to think that it works
    TatymMommi

Answer by TatymMommi at 1:45 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I go in Monday too, so we'll both have to post updates! I haven't been having any sex though. I just feel soooo round and unattractive haha
    ours

Comment by ours (original poster) at 6:48 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• This might be embarassing, but have someone (hubby/partner/doula) break the soft gel and rub the oil onto your cervix. Also, drink Red Raspberry tea. LOTS of it!
    Cristi1004

Answer by Cristi1004 at 9:38 PM on Apr. 24, 2011