Would this bother you?

Me and my husband have been married for 7 years and I still dont have a wedding band, I have a beautiful engagement ring but no wedding band...We were together 2 years when we got married but it happened really quickly...We had already bought a house together and were planning on getting married when I got pregnant and we had to get married right away because his insurance was 110% better than mine...Well I love my engagement ring soooo much and at the time he didnt have the $ to get a set and I am a tad bit picky but still he knows what I like...Would it bother you that you didnt have a band yet?

jazzysmommy1004

Asked by jazzysmommy1004 at 10:20 AM on Apr. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• It wouldnt bother me but I would want a band. I know people say its just a ring or it doesnt make your marriage better, its more that just want one. I can understand if you dont have the money but its its the symbol that goes along with an engagement ring.
    annabelle092810

Answer by annabelle092810 at 10:31 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• no, my husband just bought me my first real set in nov. we have been married for 5 years.. i am not picky tho! i know we are married and thats what matters. my husband doesn't wear a wedding band at all.
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 10:22 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I was married ten years and never got a wedding band. No it didn't bother me

Answer by admckenzie at 10:22 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Well, it wouldn't bother me, but I can certainly see your point of view. It wouldn't bother me because my job won't permit the wearing of jewelry on my hands and I work with my hands a lot anyway, a wedding band would only get in the way or get ruined.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 10:23 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Nope, be happy you have the engagement ring... and the next time you have the money if you want a wedding band that bad then talk to him about it, but it isn't going to change the fact that you are married.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 10:24 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Not at all, this does not make your marriage any better or stronger.

Answer by older at 10:25 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Thank you ladies...I know it wont change how our marriage is cause its amazing, I guess sometimes I get jealous cause a lot of my married friends have these beautiful sets and I just have the solitare...Ive actually bought my husband 2 wedding rings...The first one when we got married and then he lost that one and so I bought him another one that was even more expensive so that doesnt help at all either...But I do love my husband so much and we have a beautiful life together, it doesnt help either when I get jewelry brocures in the mail around mothers day and stuff like that...Ok done venting...Thanks again ladies
    jazzysmommy1004

Comment by jazzysmommy1004 (original poster) at 10:31 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• YES!! this just happened to me!! Here is the link to MY post!! lol-

http://www.cafemom.com/answers/819503/Dh_FINALLY_bought_me_a_wedding_band
    A.Mommys.Love

Answer by A.Mommys.Love at 10:39 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• It bothered me VERY much! We were married 5 months, and I FINALLY got my wedding band last night!!!!!!!! (:
    A.Mommys.Love

Answer by A.Mommys.Love at 10:42 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• A.Mommys.Love - I actually commented on that, its a beautiful ring...
    jazzysmommy1004

Comment by jazzysmommy1004 (original poster) at 10:45 AM on Apr. 23, 2011