Everyone but him?

President Obama declared today's 41st annual Earth Day proof of America's ecological and conservation spirit—then completed a three-day campaign-style trip logging 10,666 miles on Air Force One, eating up some 53,300 gallons at a cost of about $180,000. And that doesn't include the fuel consumption of his helicopter, limo, or the 29 other vehicles that travel with that car.

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 10:35 AM on Apr. 23, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I think NP touched on this in another post-not just the President but the idea of spending and wasting to promote a day that is suppose to be about saving and conserving-

I think a powerful message would have been in honor of Earth Day I have decided to have a waste free day at the White House- spend the day in town and at the White House tending to oh, I don't know- the economy?
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 11:13 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Yet another example of 'do as I say, not as I do'.

And really, why does he need to campaign so early? Does he really think that nobody knows who he is?
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 10:43 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Carpy it is just more of his do as I say not as I do elitist nonsense. Honestly, the expense bothers me more than the pollution..and I don't give a crap WHO has done it before...it wasn't right then and it isn't right now. My Mom always used to say.."Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should." When are we as Americans going to start electing those with balls enough to just say no?

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:36 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• It is the American Way...the only one left behind was Al Gore lol

Actually Al Gore leads the way in excess and hypocracy-

But the larger point is that either do not come out and talk about Earth Day while being excessive OR in some way find a way to practice what you preach- everyone can cut down- even if its just a little-
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 11:22 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Maybe he should campaign VIA SKYPE?

Well maybe not skype but he loves facebook and youtube so he could do that and save us all a lot of money. He says he can reach millions of people. Sounds good to me. Every day I don't see his face on TV is a good one.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:44 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Wasn't one of the co-founders of earth day someone that killed and composted his girlfriend? Love the "do as I say, not as I do" approach of the enviro-whacko types. They always seem to champion liberal extreme causes ('cause THEY know what is best for us).
    annabarred

Answer by annabarred at 12:10 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• i don't see why BO can't campaign via the internet..that's how he announced his (surprise!) bid, right?
    SSDD
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:36 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Maybe you should send him this post, lol!

Answer by older at 10:37 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• and yes, he uses AIR FORCE 1..he is the POTUS,,,,A bike won't do it.

Do you really not see the hypocrisy of giving a speech about conservation and then burning thousands of gallons of fuel that same day, or do you see it and just excuse it because it's Obama, reserving the right to bring it up later and whine about it as soon as you can scrape up an example of Bush doing something similar?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:19 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• A bike won't do it...besides, I dont need to see pics like this ever again

***

Are you saying that even YOU found it a tad bit uncomfortable to see YOUR president this way?! LMAO!! :oP
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:28 PM on Apr. 23, 2011