HELP my son hates the potty

my son will be 3 in july. and he will not go to the potty if i put big boy pants on him he is ok until i put clothes on over them he will pee pee outside (we live in south ms so we have no neighbors and a big yard) but #2 he will run and get a pull up and go in it.. so he knows what hes doing.. i try to catch the times he goes but he will sit on the potty for 30 mins or more and will never go.. its like hes holding it in because when he gets up he'll run to his room get a pull up and hide in the corner.. im about to lose my mind because my 5 year old was 100% pt @ 19 months and he did it himself.. i need some serious help.. does anyone have any advise??

MzDrinkkard

Asked by MzDrinkkard at 10:42 AM on Apr. 23, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i know this is going to sound crazy....i had the same problem with my son it was like he was scared of the potty. I asked my aunt for advise and she told me to tell him the potty is going to eat his butt if he dosent feed it. It worked! every since then i havent had a problem with him using the bathroom
    4my1stborn

Answer by 4my1stborn at 1:12 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• 1st of all , try not to compare your kids , as everyone develops at a different phase ..... because that comparison is also making things more difficult for u (even if u dont realize it ) .... also you can try a rewards chart ...... i hope i helped some lol : /
    happymom1988

Answer by happymom1988 at 3:31 PM on Apr. 23, 2011