Mackenzie is HOME!!! <3

Love bug is home... Did great her first night. Only up avery 1-2 hours lol.. but I dnt care we are finally home..........We were discharged around noon yesterday. There was so much to take home with us. The NICU hooked us up. I'm gonna miss them. They were amazing. I definetly recommend going to Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women & Infants... Just amazing everyone always has a smile on their face. God forbid anyone has to have the NICU experience BUT good or bad they go above and beyond for the babies... They took such good care of my daughter.. They treated me like I should have been, like a mommy.. let me do and ask what ever I wanted.. mostly. lol

Mackenzie has several appointments within the next week and a half. They are starting her back on her Valganciculvir (sp) the Chemo for her infection of the brain. It may be able to improve any hearing loss she will have. She will be seeing a Pediatrician, infectious disease dr, neurologist, audiologist and whom ever else needs to be involved as she grows....not sure if I mentioned this last time but unfortunately her brain is mostly fluids and not much can be done at all. its takeing place of the brain matter that never developed. If drained it will just fill back up. But either way, its ok.. she is here with us at HOME.... I wish for my new friends at the NICU get to go home soon! Thank you to the Ronald McDonald House for letting me use your room to stay with my baby girl, and I will be back to do some time of volunteering... Also signed up on www.shareyourstory.com for March of dimes... my friend made a donation in honor of mackenzie yesterday.. very sweet......

just realized the other day I worked somewhere for 4 yrs that raises money for Cerebral Palsy.. go figure, she may end up having CP........... so happy we are home.. and now I can see Tristan again.. I missed my son. havent seen him in 6 weeks

mommyoftristan

Asked by mommyoftristan at 10:50 AM on Apr. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• WELCOME HOME AND CONGRATS MYHEART IS WITH YOU!
    AdrianzMommie

Answer by AdrianzMommie at 10:52 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Great news!!!!!congrats, you still have a long road ahead of you but it will all be worth it! so happy for you!

Answer by older at 10:52 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Aww thats great!!! Congrats
    annabelle092810

Answer by annabelle092810 at 11:03 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Happy for you momma! Huggs
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 11:09 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Yay! Welcome home baby Mackenzie!!<3 I wish you all nothing but the best!
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 11:13 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• God Bless your little angel!!!! I am glad that Ronald McDonald house was there for u. I work for McDonalds and we work hard to help families like yours. God Bless u all. U have a very special little girl.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:15 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Congrats Momma!
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 11:23 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I am so happy she is finally home with you and your family. I am glad she progressed, and I hope she continues to progress for the best. I wish you the best of luck with your family. <3
    jessiskinner200

Answer by jessiskinner200 at 1:13 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• so happy for you!! big kisses for the little princess!
    KiraStadnik

Answer by KiraStadnik at 1:17 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Congrats mama
    prdVirgobby

Answer by prdVirgobby at 3:01 PM on Apr. 23, 2011