18 months and really dry scalp

My DD has a really dry scalp and I think it's because she fights me when I try rinsing her hair out when I wash it. Anything I can do for it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Apr. 23, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Spray it with white vinegar, let it dry, brush it out, then wash normally. Might have to do it a few times, but it should help.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 11:18 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• If that doesn't help try only washing her hair once a week for awhile, if she gets food or something in it, wipe it out then and there with a washcloth. Sometimes they get their hair washed to much and that's why it dries out their scalp.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 11:29 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Our pediatrician had me use Denorex on our baby. It only takes a small amount and it works great. You might try washing your little ones hair in the kitchen sink. I didn't like the water in my face when I was little and my Mom would put a towel on the counter and let me lay down and then she washed and rinsed my hair very carefully.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:32 AM on Apr. 23, 2011