So im new here and.... adult content

I thought this site would be something nice to get involved with other people/moms. The more i see the more i regret this..im here for THAT reason and i for the life of me cant figure out why all this needless bashing is happening..anyone have any insight? Who else is here for fun and positive discussions?? Im tired of running into nothing but negative cold people...know it alls piss me off more then anything. No one is better then anyone else...Im looking for decent women to converse with so dont waste my time replying to my post with negative remarks. Leave my post now if you cant handle what im saying or you dont like it dont waste my time....SO my question..ANYONE here on the same page i am or am i wasting my time with this site??? :D Im giving it a chance...hence the question...

s.zambrana25

Asked by s.zambrana25 at 11:18 AM on Apr. 23, 2011 in About CafeMom

• There are a lot of women that are here for the same reasons as you! I know that there are also a lot of mean rude women who just like to cause problems and thinks its fun. But it is worth it! Ive met a few people on here that I talk to all the time.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 11:22 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• overall its just like high school but for adults. women are that way. there will always be cattyness and bitching
    MommyWife224

Answer by MommyWife224 at 11:33 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• This is your very first post. Definitely doesn't sound like you will be happy here. Move on.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:20 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• i love cafe mom. i literally stay on all day (you dont have to point out im a loser, i know)
    KiraStadnik

Answer by KiraStadnik at 11:55 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• but Ive seen way too many posts and i feel bombarded by negativity

Your very first post and you already feel "bombarded by negativity" that isn't even directed at you. This social networking site has existed for years. The people on it, for the most part, have known each other for years. If you go around sticking your nose into conversations between people who have been having a variation on that conversation for 3 years, there is going to be negativity, disagreement, and all the other things that come with familiarity. If watching people who know each other disagree with each other is too much for your fragile sensibilities, then yes, you probably won't be happy here.

In the meantime, taking it upon yourself to "school" 3 million complete strangers as if you know better than they do is the ultimate example of an overinflated ego and flat out rude. So what exactly are YOU putting out there, sweetie?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:58 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Like ANY public forum there are A LOT of different personalities floating around and trying to mingle. This just like in real life isn't always going to be sunshine and roses. You have to take the good with the bad. You hang around long enough you make friends... and enemies... but learn to manage who you deal with. If you are not ready to take the good with the bad then groups may be where you need to start. There tends to be more monitoring in those. Being in here, the Q&A's as like being at a town hall meeting. People can and will disagree.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:08 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Go try out some groups. I belong to various groups that have some great ladies in them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• You just have to ignore the negative ones. Overall it is a good site to come to when you have problems.
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 11:20 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Anon is right, there is more groups that may fit your needs and the ladies are great
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 11:21 AM on Apr. 23, 2011

• You have to look past that. There are a ton of nice women (or men?) on here. Some threads are meant for debate. But, when you truly need advice, well, here is a group that has something to say!

:)
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 11:22 AM on Apr. 23, 2011