Fed up with excessive underarm sweating.

I have tried everything I even got prescription deodorant but Certain Dry doesn't work and the prescription stuff burned my armpits I couldn't even shave so it's either sweat or be burned and hairy... I've had this since Jr. High and its so embarrassing I can't wear shirts with sleeves because I have a big wet stain. So I have to wear tank tops all the time and therefore, have a limited clothing style, which also sucks... And even then I don't have a wet spot but I have sweat dripping down my arms all damn day. Please help if you know of anything that works. Keep in mind I do not have thousands of dollars for surgery...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:21 AM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Health

• if you have over active sweat glands, your doctor can treat that by basically sealing off some of the glands... talk to your doctor about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:39 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I know how you feel. I myself have this problem. It's like a friggin water park right? I put gel deodorant on followed up by baby powder and it helps SO much. Try that. I hope it works for you too!!!
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 4:32 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• have your thyroid checked
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:20 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• You probably should talk to your doc, but a good temporary solution is to mix the anti persperant with baby powder (make sure its anti persperant and deoderant, some are just one or the other.) The baby powder should keep you fairly dry.
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 7:05 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• You've probably already tried it, but I found that scrubbing under my arms extra good in the shower helps just a little bit to clean out the pores. I've had sweat issues for years and years too :( Also, I put on deodorant as soon as possible, right after I get out of the shower and dry under my arms. It may not work for you, but it's worth a try =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:06 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• There is always botox...The shots aren't as expensive as surgery but they can help control sweating....
    PcolaC

Answer by PcolaC at 2:30 PM on Dec. 3, 2008