Why do people join "bitch groups" just to complain about how mean everyone is?

Most have disclaimers, and the ones that don't, are open to public access, so you can read them before you join. If you jump in a cesspool, you're going to get dirty. So why do people dive in and then run here to whine about it when people respond to them in the manner they treat others, as if the entire site has ganged up on them?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 12:35 PM on Apr. 23, 2011 in About CafeMom

• Don't you know? They can be as bitchy as they want, but no one is allowed to respond in kind. If you've only posted one question, answered one question, and responded to a grand total of 5 group posts, it's way too early to start complaining about how you've been treated. Particularly when you were the one who started with the attitude.

DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 12:41 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Your guess is as good as any.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:47 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• toddler tantrumBECAUSE THEY'RE WIMPS!!

dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:50 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I have seen the "intros", the descriptions of some of those groups and they look like scary women. I haven't joined. Ewwww.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 12:50 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• When I joined the group The Ultimate Fight Club, I knew what I was getting myself into. Er....actually, I didn't, because it's pretty lame, contrary to it's name, so I never go there anymore. But still, I wouldn't go there and expect to be catered. Heck, I wouldn't go to my Jane Austen Fan Club and expect to have my butt kissed.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 12:54 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I think even one of the tamer ones, like NCC, if you pop in and tell everyone to go F themselves, and then keep going on about it...as your first real participation on the entire site, even the duller crayons in the box would expect people to respond poorly. Really, any group, even a non-bitch group, that will probably bring a bit of negative attention, wouldn't you think?
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 1:06 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I like reading all of the posts. my own little soap opera online; makes me laugh cuz people say really stupid stuff hahaha
    My2boys0523

Answer by My2boys0523 at 1:23 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• wow i wanna see some of these post but im not having any luck figuring out the groups i posted a picture then tried to find it i couldnt. i know im duh cant help it. but to answer your ? people can only dish out they cant take it
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 1:25 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Flipper, if you go to the tab at the top of the screen that says "groups" you'll find a link for the groups you've joined, and another called "my posts" which will take you to the ones you've started and "my replies" which will take you to the things you've posted in group posts started by other people.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 1:29 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• clappingAs usual NotPanicking well said.

meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:30 PM on Apr. 23, 2011