In-laws...sigh...

OK...we'd made plans to have an early Easter dinner at the IL's to accomodate SIL and her hubby who will be going away on vacation and won't join us tomorrow.
Last night, MIL sends us a message and says that SIL and her DH have too much to do so they're "canceling dinner" and said "we're still welcome to go over there for dinner." She also said they're meeting SIL and DH for breakfast early this morning by SIL's house if we want to join them, but we just got back from a long trip and we decided that would be too early for our LO for breakfast.
I'm so tired of trying to accomodate people when SIL didn't message me to let me know they're canceling dinner and won't get to see their nephew/god son. I'm ticked about that, too.
So frustrated with all of them right now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 PM on Apr. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• They should have realized they were going on vacation and might have last minute things to do PRIOR to saying yes!

Also, unless they live a few hours away (I am guessing they are local) then what is 2 or 3 hours tops to spend at a family dinner.
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 12:50 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• And you have every right to be! I cant stand last min changes. Just because they change their plans doesnt mean you have to change yours. I would have done the same thing you did!!
    annabelle092810

Answer by annabelle092810 at 12:50 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I'd start making my own plans for all holidays and invite the rest of the family to MY HOUSE. Staying home always works best for me.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:17 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I would make my own plans and do not worry
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:12 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Yes it can be very frustrating when people change plans at the last minute. I like to plan my holiday's out early so I know where I have to be and what I have to take. It frustrates me to no end when family members wait till the last minute to make plans or they change things. My mil is one where she will call us last minute (like the day before the holiday) and say "so are you going to be here or what? I guess I am going to have XXXholiday at my house this year" And then I usually reply "thanks but we decided 2 wks ago to go to my mom's".
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 7:01 PM on Apr. 23, 2011