Why doesn't my baby like anyone else?

My little man is 3weeks and a day old and it seems like he doesn't like anyone but ME. If someone picks him up he cries and cries but the second I pick him up he settles down and is fine. Why doesn't he like anyone but me? My husband hasn't said anything but I can see how hurt he is when he hands me our crying baby and as soon as he's in my arms he stops crying. I really feel for him. I can't imagine if it was the other way around.

MarlyeGirl

Asked by MarlyeGirl at 4:27 AM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Because you smell like breastmilk! Yum yum =). It will eventually turn around, children go through phases where Mommy is ALL THAT and then Daddy is ALL THAT. Maybe spend some extra time praising hubby's efforts, make him feel included, that stuff ya know ;)
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 4:57 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• my niece was just like that.. and it lasted a good while.. a few months.

but we just didnt force it with her, we would talk to her and play with her if she was content and calm but we wouldnt pick her up or anything or we may upset her.

i think keeping on with trying to hold her made her not trust us more? if that makes sense..

its normal though :)
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 4:30 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• my daughter was the same way until she was like 15 months. She got closer to my husband before then, but not even her grandparents could hold her. Im sure he will just grow out of it.
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 4:30 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I guess I should squirt hubby then. LOL
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 5:02 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• LMAO!
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 5:22 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• LMAO! MarlyeGirl !!!! I have the same problem with my 7mo old...he will let others hold him, but it took him about 2-3 months to get where he wasn't glued to me all the time. I'm a bf mom so I think that may have a lot to do with his clingyness as well. My poor lil guy is teething right now...oh how I wish I could find my infant carrier (so I could get something done around the house)LOL...I think he may also be going through a little bit of separation anxiety. I'm usually home more, but lately I have to leave him with daddy for a couple of hours a day...he will cry for about 10 min. when I leave :( I went through the same thing with my first lil guy too...he's five now. Best of luck...it's normal and won't last forever! You might even miss it a little bit when your LO is older and doesn't want to be affectionate anymore!
    bamaunicorn

Answer by bamaunicorn at 6:07 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• its a stage all babies go trhough,it will go away
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 8:39 AM on Dec. 3, 2008