Umbilicol cord wrapped around baby

i was told that the number one reason that this can happen is if you lift your arms above your head during pregnancy because you stretch the cord and then the baby is moving around inside and gets tangled. ANY THOUGHTS OR COMMENTS?

wifey000175554

Asked by wifey000175554 at 1:44 PM on Apr. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I don't think ANYONE really knows how it happens. If it were from raising your arms above you head, all babies would have the cord wraped around them. Some baby's have extra long cords.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:46 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• my dr said thats on old wives tale
    TatymMommi

Answer by TatymMommi at 1:47 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I have NEVER heard that.... and btw Im an old wife
    Anonymous

• LOL! That is an Old WIves' Tale for sure!!! Holy cow.....just think about it for a mnute. It is impossible.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 1:55 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• well that makes me feel better.....serves me right....i got this info from a guy lol
    wifey000175554

Comment by wifey000175554 (original poster) at 2:05 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• You know I use to believe this lol. When I was my first I was afraid to wash my hair, to brush my hair and put it in a pony tail anything that involved my hands up I was afraid to do it lol. But came to realize it is an old wives tale I am pregnant with my 3rd lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 2:33 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• so not true! and the baby doesnt" breath" until they cut the cord, before that the baby is getting everything it needs from the umbilical cord! so cord around the baby would not b a big deal!
    Anonymous

• never heard that and this is my third
    vgaines

Answer by vgaines at 3:24 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I have heard that but it is ridiculous.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 3:43 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I think it is because baby rolls over and if he/she makes a complete turn around then baby would have its cord wrapped around it. The baby I am carrying right now turns all the time and I would not be surprised if it has a cord wrapped around it.

LOL old wives tailes.
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 4:06 PM on Apr. 23, 2011