Have any of you ever had a sense of loneliness during pregnancy??

When everyone is at work I sit here and cry I just feel alone. Isw this normal what should I do?

prdVirgobby

Asked by prdVirgobby at 1:44 PM on Apr. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• it sounds like your homes are getting the best of you.
    if this feeling gets too strong you should discuss it with your obgyn
    Anonymous

• howdo i bring it up??
    prdVirgobby

Comment by prdVirgobby (original poster) at 1:53 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• No, because I had that little growing baby in my tummy so I never felt alone or lonely!
    I am always surprised at the number of women here at CM who say that they are either bored or lonesome when there is so much to do everyday and so many books to read, so many places to go (walk if you don't have a car) and so many opportunities to Volunteer ....just a few suggestions for you.
    by the way,ANON, its HORMONES. I am hoping your word was a TYPO. LOL.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 1:53 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Kinda hard for me to volunteer because I'm on bedrest...I've had alot of complications
    prdVirgobby

Comment by prdVirgobby (original poster) at 1:56 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Bedrest is hard! You must find away to get your mind and hands busy. Puzzles, crafts, coloring in coloring books (I still do that), reading for fun (Baby books are great, but reading something lame is fun too). Perhaps you could write to you baby, telling him or her about how exited you are to meet them. AND of course visit CM.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 2:06 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• oh heck... ya didnt mention bedrest... no wonder you are lonely.
    Anonymous

• well YES....you didn't say you were on BEDREST!!! I sympathize! But,still,you could get lots of reading done in bed!!! Or watch some funny movies that make you laugh and forget your troubles?? Good luck!!!
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 2:42 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Take a good deep breath! This is totally normal... your hormones are on overdrive right now. things will even out in a few months and you will feel better. I had many of these moments during my pregnancy, I found that once I could start to feel my son moving around inside my belly I felt less lonely! Like even though no one else was home I still had company. It does get better... try to keep busy, of course if you are only a few weeks along this will be difficult since your probably low on energy! But if you can get out for a walk or just sit in the sun if possible. I started going to pre-natal yoga at about 7 wks along and I found that to be a big help. hope this helps. hang in there,this is a rollercoaster of emotions!
    Katrink

Answer by Katrink at 2:44 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Thanks ya'll I only have 11 more wks to go 8 if I have to get induced!! I am just so excited to see him and hold him!!I never wanna let him go
    prdVirgobby

Comment by prdVirgobby (original poster) at 2:54 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• yes i feel like that all the time ,if you need someone to talk to feel free to message me .
    vgaines

Answer by vgaines at 3:22 PM on Apr. 23, 2011