Do you vaccinate?

My children have most of their vaccinations and have rec'd one flu about 5 years ago, but never again! With cold and flu season upon us once again, many are asking, "Should I get a flu shot? And what about my children?" The best advice I can offer is to get a copy of Dr. Sherri Tenpenny's new book Saying No to Vaccines. The answers to all your questions are there, including advice and support for those who are defending their right to refuse vaccinations of all kinds. This book is a valuable, trustworthy resource in countering the pro-vaccination government and pharmaceutical industry. You can order your book at http://www.SayingNoToVaccinesStore.com

Yours in health,
Dena

livewell4me

Asked by livewell4me at 5:09 AM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Health

• I plan to get my son vaccinated. I'd rather have him HERE, alive then be in God's arms early because I didn't get him a shot. There are too many children that get sick and die. MY baby won't be one that will have to return to God too soon. But I completely respect other mom's views and rights to NOT vaccinate their babies. It doesn't make them better or worse mommies than anyone else.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 5:13 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I was a delayed/selective vaccinating mom. There are some my dd will NEVER get, like that horrible Gardasil travesty.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 5:21 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I agree MarlyeGirl
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:00 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I agree completely w/ Knoxvilledoula....I also delay/selectively vax, and there are some that my child will never get either.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 6:18 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I had my family (myself and children...my DH is too stubborn) vaccinated when my 3rd child was born (5 years ago) but I haven't since. I don't see it as neccesary unless you have sickly children or you/spouse work in a field where you are exposed to flu/pneumonia. When I worked at a doctor's office (6 years), before working at home, my children were always getting sick. As for regular vaccines (DTP/MMR) it is neccessary to get them in school and I believe that they should not be given to your newborn right away. In other words, take your time and don't get them right on the well-check date...let them develope physically as much as possible first. Premies in particular!
    Genigen

Answer by Genigen at 8:41 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• My kids are fully vaxed, including the flu shot every year. In fact, my son received the RSV vax every month from October to April (I think, it was all winter) because he was born 9 weeks early. There are studied that show when infants are giving the whooping cough vax 2 weeks earlier the rate of death from whooping cough goes down (found it at baby center but didn't seem to save the link).

Kids can die from the flu, just remember that (http://www.babycenter.com/204_flu-can-be-deadly-for-young-victims_10220025.bc?scid=momsbaby_20081014:2&pe=2UeTvBh). And there is also this one (http://www.babycenter.com/204_unvaccinated-kids-one-reason-for-record-measles-year_10218585.bc?scid=momsbaby_20080826B:2&pe=2UeTvBh) whose first line reads "Some parents' refusal to vaccinate children seems to be behind the highest rate of measles cases reported since 1996, federal officials said Thursday."

I agree with MarleyGirl 100%.
    jms124

Answer by jms124 at 9:29 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I had my daughter get a flu shot when she was little and she got soooooooo sick worse than if shed gotten the actuall flu..... then when I was pregnant with my son they talked me into getting one and I got sicker than a dog so me nor my children will ever be reciving another one!!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 9:37 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I started out giving my son all the vaccinations (except the flu shot) until I learned more about them. Now I delay/selectively vaccinate. Thanks for the book suggestion.
    karlyflower

Answer by karlyflower at 10:01 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• We delay and selectively vaccinate and unfortunately are doing the flu shot this year. I'm not happy about it but with my mom's declining health and severely comprimised immune system it is necessary if we want to spend time with her.
    jaycee1124

Answer by jaycee1124 at 10:34 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Thanks for the sales pitch. Whatever.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Dec. 3, 2008