I have a 10 year old whom thinks she is MY mother...Not really she just thinks everything should be her way

ok my dd is 10 and thinks sh eis the boss... i mean down to showers brushing her teeth hair clothes... i have to fight her about showers. not that going a night without is a problem however she has already started her period so she has to bath...i get to the piont that i am ready to ..... uuuggghhh... i am ashamed to admit what i want to do to her..she tells me that i dont love her and that i love her 5 year old brother more...i get mad and cuss and scream and i am aware that is no help but i dont know what to do.... please help me ....

jessle

Asked by jessle at 2:17 PM on Apr. 23, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• I am going through this with my 8 year old... It's actually getting worse and worse. She thinks she can talk to me however and my dh sais it's my fault. We need to research discipline techniques together and see what works and support each other because if we don't they will turn into bad teens and god help us then!
    rivercharm

Answer by rivercharm at 2:39 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Welcome to the hormonal world of teen girls. Sit back, watch froma distance and call ALL the shots and you'll be just fine!
    TwinkleLites

Answer by TwinkleLites at 2:44 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Maybe that is how she feels.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:20 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• but why? i tell her i love her i kiss her i try to spend time with her then she makes me mad so i have stand firm and not let her get away with it but then she tells me i love all the others more..
    jessle

Comment by jessle (original poster) at 2:23 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• you got to worked with love...
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 11:46 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Get the mind frame that she is not the mother...you are the mother and you have the set rules for your household and how it will be ran. If showers are mandatory for her on a nightly basis, then that's what it is...showers....if her attitude stinks then correct it before it gets worse...teen years my butt - respect last forever and once you put respect in motion it stays. Yes, they try your patience...Yes, they can get on your last nerves but what Mom/Dad says is final...no talking back ~
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 5:43 PM on Apr. 25, 2011