How soon should I ask about my "dad"?

A person who I believe is my half-brother friended me on facebook and I believe he's my half-brother cuz he looks kinda like my brother I think and the last name. (I have NEVER come across anyone or even heard of anyone with our last name). My biological father was out of my life for so long the only memory I have is of him being mad at me and I'm saying "daddy daddy I'm sorry please don't". I dont have details of the memory aside from that so I dont know if it's a real memory or not. I know he's been married more than once so I have half-brothers and sisters I've never met or know about. The last I heard about him was that he had died 5 yrs ago. I never looked at the obituary (my mom looked it up at a library-I thought someone I hadn't spoken to on that side of the family talked to her or something) but apparently my brother and I weren't listed among his kids and he never bothered to call us or even try and look us up to let us know he was dying. Anyway I have a lot of questions and I wish when this guy had requested to be my friend he included some type of message-but he didn't. I messaged him asking if he was one of my brothers and that I was looking foward to getting to know him and had questions-but how soon should I ask?

purplerobin

Asked by purplerobin at 2:17 PM on Apr. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• the sooner the better. less time to fret over it.
    wanderingmuse

Answer by wanderingmuse at 2:32 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I'd do it right now ! lol I did with a cousin from my real dads side lol
    msh88

Answer by msh88 at 2:35 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• You ask whatever you want to ask, whenever you want to ask it. It's your life, you control it. Good luck!
    TwinkleLites

Answer by TwinkleLites at 2:35 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• if you want to know then feel free to ask him
    littlekids

Answer by littlekids at 5:50 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• You have every right to ask him who he is and why he contacted you. If he is your brother you can then ask questions, he knows you have to have questions!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 3:51 PM on Apr. 26, 2011