Can somebody help me out with nick name?

i like 2 call ma lil baby girl by her nickname but yet to get one. lil discription abt her: she cute, vry smart and smiles all d time.

blair16

Asked by blair16 at 2:18 PM on Apr. 23, 2011 in General Parenting

• Is she as smart as you are?? Why not try typing in complete words? You aren't texting.
    Anonymous

• It will come to you. My DD had no nick name until she was almost 18 months and then she easily became 'Princess' DS was bah-bah from a few months old. I have no idea where it comes from... A nick name(other than calling a kid named Amanda Mandy) imo is something that grows it isn't something you decide.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:22 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I think a nickname is kind of something that has to come natural....my son (due in June) will be named Richard Jr.. but I already call DH Richie and I don't like the other nicknames that go with Richard (Dick, Ricky, ect) so we're going to call him Sonny...because I've wanted a son for SO long lol....plus...he FEELS like a Sonny lol....hmm that probably didnt help at all lol...I'll give you a bump =)
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 2:22 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• You just start using it one day and it sticks. Don't be looking for one...let it come naturally!
    TwinkleLites

Answer by TwinkleLites at 2:36 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Anonymous thanks for your observation, am kinda used to texting, will surely change for better. think ma baby is as smart as i am...lol. my baby's name is Danielle but can still wait a little while if the nickname will come naturally since she's just 11mo plus
    blair16

Comment by blair16 (original poster) at 3:29 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• If your beautiful baby is to have a nick name, it will come to you. Just remember that not all kids have nick names. Neither one of my sister had one as a child and still don't have one. I have so many because everyone wants to call me something different, and so does my daughter. GOOD LUCK.
    yummysmummy

Answer by yummysmummy at 6:21 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Did you want a nickname from her name or just a general one? Here are some I thought of--- Dani, Nell, Elle, Princess, Sweetie, Tootsie, Smiley, Sweetness, Sunshine, Joy, Cutiepie, Punkin, Peanut,
    My kids have nicknames- although they were not planned nicknames they just kind of happened on their own.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 6:27 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• i like Patunia like the flower

Why did 4 people like anon's answer!!!!! what the hell that is so rude of her to say that!!!!

Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 6:37 PM on Apr. 23, 2011