Braxton Hicks Contrations

i get them so bad i cant sleep sometimes i am 28 weeks along. I try everything they say on websites and in books but nothing seems to help

what helped you guys get through them?

ninjagirl

Asked by ninjagirl at 5:20 AM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Drink plenty of water and move around when you get them. Change positions in bed. It might help to take a warm shower too. I know it stinks to get out of bed at 3 am and take a hot shower, but maybe you'll be able to get back to sleep after. I had to get out of bed and take cold showers at all hours of the night because I had PUPPPS so I know how it is to have to get up.

Hang in there it's not too much longer!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 5:26 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Are they hurting you? Or is it just the annoying tightening of the abdomen? They shouldn't be hurting you. I had my husband rubs my tummy and it helped.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 5:32 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• they are really annoying, plus tons of back pain i think it is because i have spinal arthritis tho. it is just i will have nothing and then i will have hours of contractions plus pain
    ninjagirl

Answer by ninjagirl at 5:40 AM on Dec. 3, 2008