3 kids under 3?

Has anyone done this and survived? My oldest will be two months shy of 3 years old when my THIRD baby is born.
So is it as crazy as I am anticipating? Any advice??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:37 PM on Apr. 23, 2011 in General Parenting

• We have 7 children (ages 12, 10, 9, 8, 6, 5, and 3) with #8 on the way. Yes ~ you will survive and with your sanity intact! It is hard the first few years but you teach the 'older' ones to help with the younger ones. The 'older' ones are your runners...they get the diapers, the bottles, the wipes, the burp rag, whatever you need....and they LOVE helping Mom!! Plus, we have not had any issues with rivalry or anything like that; I believe it is because they each have been involved (no matter how small) in taking care of the new little one!

I can say that for a few years, I didn't go very many places without PRIOR planning. That was the hardest part for me...running errands. You CAN DO this Momma! =)
    7blessings

Answer by 7blessings at 4:06 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• My first response to 3 kids under 3? What the hell are you thinking? But then it hit me how many woman do incredible with their children depsite the amount. With the one who is almost 3 you have them help you with the other two. As the second one gets up in age they both help with the youngest. That is how my friend handle it. No sooner would she give birth but within 6 week she was pregnant again. They all did well and she did it all herself. You would be amazed what a three year old can do with you nearby.
    TwinkleLites

Answer by TwinkleLites at 2:40 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I have a 3 1/2 yr old, 25month old, and 12month (turned 1 this week) old. Oh and I'm 14weeks with #4! It can be tough and sometimes I think I'm crazy but its all worth it at the end of the day!
    CrazyMommy87

Answer by CrazyMommy87 at 2:41 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Mine were pretty close in age to that. I have 3. My first two are 17 months apart and then child 2 & 3 are 2 years and 1 month apart.

When I had my youngest, my oldest was almost 3 1/2. It was nice since they 2 older ones would play together and stuff when I would feed or take care of the baby.

Also, since the baby will be sleeping a lot you can still attend to the older ones when needed. 3 is easier then 2 since they have someone to occupy them.

ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 2:41 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• As long as you remember that you're currently living 'many young children' life, rather than 'sophistocated young urban adult with no commitments' life, you'll be fine.

As the woman with 16 children responded, when asked 'how do you get time for yourself?' : "If I wanted time to myself, I wouldn't have had 16 kids."

I know a woman who had a 3yo and 18mo twins when her triplets were born. That was all fun and games until her husband left her...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:43 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• LindaClement...my response to I know a woman who had a 3yo and 18mo twins when her triplets were born. That was all fun and games until her husband left her...  I was like, OUCH....but then again, what a jerk he was. After all, he helped with getting her pregnant.    LOL    WOW!

ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 2:54 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• all I have to say is I couldn't do it lol. I don't have the pasiantes though. My youngest was born and my oldest was 3 months from turning 3. My youngest just turned 3 in January and I am due to have baby 3 in Auguest so she will be 3.5. I have a friend that has a 1 and 2 year old son and she is 22 weeks pregnant with her 3rd it is a girl. I often times don't know how she does it
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 2:56 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• When baby gets here, I'll have a 3y/o (turned 3 in feb) a 2y/o (turned 2 earlier this month) and a newborn (July-ish). Plus an 8y/o.

I'm moving out and not telling anyone where I'm going.
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 3:19 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I had my 3rd dd when my oldest was 3 and my middle dd was 18 months old. so I had a 3 yr old, 18 month old and a newborn!!! good luck momma.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 3:27 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I did it. When my third was born my older kids were 28 months and 13 months. All 3 were in diapers until the oldest was past 3.  It was crazy but worth it.  They are 10, 9 and 8 now and I also have a 5yo and a 9 month old.

When they were babies: 2 1/2, 7 weeks and 15 months.

And now: 8 1/2, 9 1/2, 9 months, 5 (it was her birthday) and almost 11

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:37 PM on Apr. 23, 2011