Teen Moms...

Support or Not?

MaliyahsMommy12

Asked by MaliyahsMommy12 at 2:57 PM on Apr. 23, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• As long as they are responsible, yes!!!

Answer by older at 2:57 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I support them when they become mothers but not support teen pregrancy in general
    Anonymous

• What do you mean by support? I certainly don't encourage or recommend it, but I think the best thing for the baby is to be supportive of the mother.
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 2:58 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I like the show, I think it is good for them to see life with a baby isn't going to be easy. Hell, some days even with a husband and a good job it isn't easy.

As for teens becoming moms, no, i don't agree with it.
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 2:59 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I agree with anon. I don't think teens should TRY to have a baby but once they are pregnant whats done is done and they need all the support they can get.
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 2:59 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I'm not sure I understand the question. It's not my place to judge anyone. Everyone's circumstance is different, and sometimes people make mistakes. So, I guess in that sense I support the teen moms themselves. I do think that teenage pregnancy poses some serious problems in society, and that most parties involved are better off if they can wait until later in life before having children. So, that was a long winded way of saying I agree with Anonymous.
    lytate95

Answer by lytate95 at 3:01 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Whats done is done so you support. Teen pregnancy in general I think should be prevented.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:04 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I support teen moms.Just because she is pregnant doesn't mean she got pregnant by choice.I never judge anyone b/c she could have been sexually abused. I believe the best thing for them is to love them and let them know we care and understand.NOONE is perfect!
    prdVirgobby

Answer by prdVirgobby at 3:26 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Why would anyone want to put down a new mother ?

It is a sad commentary on society that you should even have to ask this question .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 7:38 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I wouldn't exist if my teen mother did not step it up and become a great mom! Teens are not meant to have children, but if they do and they can step it up and become outstanding parents and provide for their families,then of course I will support it. My mother was 16 years old. She greaduated, went to college and made sure she encouraged me to do things differently. Being a teenage mother is hard on the child because the parent is still a child, still about them, but thank God my mom was able to be a strong, confident woman that wanted nothing more than me to be successful.
    f1tmama

Answer by f1tmama at 10:48 PM on Apr. 23, 2011