Help me...I am pregnant and afraid to eat and I know I should be eating something.

ok so I went to the drs this week and he wants to do an ultrasound because the baby is mesuring really big. I have gained 45 pounds already and I will be 25 weeks on Tuesday. I was 138 and already 183. So which means I will be close to 200 pounds by time I deliver. Everyone sees me and tells me I look like I am about to have the baby and then when I tell them I have until Auguest they don't believe me lol. I am afraid of gaining anymore weight cause then I am not going to be able to lose it. I gained 65 with my first lost all but 20 and still have that 20. With my second I gained 43 pounds and this one already 45. So all I have eaten today was breakfast at 8 then just now ate lunch at 3 because I was starving. I am still hundry though, but afraid to eat anymore then I will eat dinner when it is dinner time. But I am so scared of gaining to much weight please help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:15 PM on Apr. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• first and foremost you HAVE to eat, baby needs nutrients! eat healthy foods, cut out the junk and sodas (if u drink those) and start fillin up on water [= also snack on fruits/veggies in between or when you're hungry but just ate a meal. you can also exercise, such as walking around outside, it's really good for you and baby, as long as you have nothing restricting u from doctors orders. goodluck momma
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 3:21 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• You will have to make sure you eat SMALLER portions and please do not eat sweets or drink sodas....you don't have to weigh 200 pounds by the time you deliver. You can be healthy but eat a lot less. I suspect you are trying to "eat for two" and that is so wrong. You should take better care of yourself.
    Eat small healthy meals: For example, for breakfast, eat a bowl of oatmeal (the Old fashioned Oatmeal--not the packaged kind that they add sugar and flavoring to) and a banana. Then for lunch. maybe whole wheat bread and turkey sandwich with an apple. Then for a snack, low fat yogurt.ANd for dinner, some broiled salmon or a piece of baked chicken and some veggies without any sauces on it and a salad. I gained maybe 26 pounds with my first baby, 28 with my second and 25 with my third. I felt pretty good too because I didn't overeat and didn't have lots of weight to lose.
    Good luck!
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 3:27 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• i was shocked when u said 45 pounds lol but u just have to eat healthy stuff and remember that your baby needs the food . so just pray that u wont gain a lot more lol
    happymom1988

Answer by happymom1988 at 3:28 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• i agree with knicole on this. Eat heathy foods.

Answer by louise2 at 3:28 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Yep you can't be selfish by not eating. At this point your little one needs you to take care of yourself, eat healthy and worry about the weigh later.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 3:38 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• that is what I have been doing from the start. All I drink is water all day long nothing else. I eat fruits or carrots and celery for snacks stuff like that or even a salad. And I walk all day I am with 2 kids that keep me pretty busy, but I have still gained all this weight
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:43 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I don't likw oatmeal or bananas. And I don't like yogurt either. I am eating veggies and salads. I also don't like chicken right now. Not sure why, but this pregnancy and last pregnancy I can't stand the smell of chicken when cooking so therefore I can't bring myself to eat it because it smells so bad.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:47 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Have they checked your glucose level? Sounds like it may be gestational diabetes to me. Did you do the glucose test yet? The calories must be coming from somewhere. What are you eating or drinking that may be the culprit? Sugary fruit drinks and fast food could be a cause.?? I would stick to meats & salads and limit carbs (anything white), NO white breads. Whole grain & wheat only. GL
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:51 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I don't know because I don't eat fast food either. Once in a great while we do, but not very often. With my first I ate it every single day for 4-5 months straight I craved it and after I gained all that weight and got stretch marks i told dh no matter what not to get fast food with baby 2 so i didn't gained less and this one i been watching fast food too. I drink water all day long. For breakfast I do however eat either some toast or a walfule or pancake once in a great while scrambled eggs (liking them now normally I don't). I drink a glass of milk every morning. The reason I eat this is cause I don't like breakfast foods that is all I like and before getting pregnant I didn't even eat breakfast, but I am trying to since I am pregnant. Lunch it always veries depending what I feed kids and if they are home from school. Then oviously dinner veries. But I always snack on fruits and veggies
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:58 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• and no they haven't ested me for GD yet I go in 4 weeks for that test.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:59 PM on Apr. 23, 2011