Kids, work, and fibromyalgia . . how do you get through every day?

anyone here dealing with fibro or other chronic pain and also being a mom of multiple kids and hold a part or full time job?

i have been dealing with fibro like [symptoms for 2 months now. . and ofcourse cant get officially diagnosed yet but it is already very real to me. i find myself so irritable and dreading every day tasks. . even bfing my 4 month old. i work in evening at a job where i walk and fold clothes and by the end of the night i just want to give up. i cant believe this will possibly be the rest of my life.

how do you stay strong?

VelvetCat

Asked by VelvetCat at 3:17 PM on Apr. 23, 2011 in Health

• I have endo and adeno and 3 kids under 3, no job though but my df works out of state for months so I know how hard it is but you go on because you HAVE to. For your kids, and yourself. Don't let the disease define you
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 3:55 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• fight or flight! my friend has fibromyalgia (or lupus) not sure which, but it makes it difficult for her to work so much she had to give up her kids, quit working and live at her moms although she is in her 40's. it is VERY difficult to live with and on top of that I'm sure you will hear people tell you, "yea right, that's not even diagnosable, it's just hogwash" or whatnot. This makes it soo much harder to bare having no one to believe or support you! All i know is that i've heard it stems from emotional disturbance. my body aches ALL the time and I DO have things im trying to work out with my therapist. After just 3 weeks, I already feel so much more aware of things i need to change in my life. i've paid a hundred dollars upfront hoping it will ease my body pains as well. If you can, and im not trying to be harsh, but try seeing a counselor because it has made me so much stronger mentally and therefore physically.
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 5:08 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I have lived with fibro for 5 years now, it took almost 3 years to get diagnosed, that was after the endless testings, the specialists, the many medications, and the endless ruling out of every disease that Fibro mocks. I have 4 children, a wonderful hubby, and a full time at home business among other "things" that go on. I am currently off all meds for another 30-60 days (yet again more tests and trial by error) The first step is seeing your doctor on a regular basis, because the symptoms of fibro mimic a lot of other diseases, if you don't have a doctor who believes in fibro (because some don't) find one. Until you get diagnosed there is very little you can do but fight through the days. Feel free to email me if you would like to chat. It's very hard but you have to decide whether you want to fight, or you want to lay down and let this disorder kick you everyday. Good Luck & Blessed Be
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 9:00 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I don't have multiples, but I have a 17 month old DD, work full time with a long commute, and was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia when I was 28 (I'm now 41). Basically, I just do the bare minimum that needs to be done. DH doesn't cook, but he does a little cleaning. I get dinner together and try to spend some time with baby. Medication helps. My house isn't very tidy, but that's just the way it is right now. I just have to pace myself and take it one day at a time.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 11:19 AM on Apr. 25, 2011