Just found out I'm losing (getting laid off) my job in one week!! :*-(

I was laid off two years ago, and now I'm getting laid off because of cutbacks. Neither job I was able to get unemployment. Reason, first was a 501C3 non-profit with less than 15 workers. This job was only part-time. I am so broke.

I'm currently looking and applying for job. I know that because of the job market (or lack of) that I will be moving.

I'm looking at the prospects of living in a shelter. I'm thinking of getting rid of my car because I cannot afford repair and gas. My daughter's is well taken care of in another state.

How does one prepare for moving and living with no money? Suggestions please!

Thanks in advance

BlueSaphire

Asked by BlueSaphire at 3:20 PM on Apr. 23, 2011 in Money & Work

• So you have no family to turn to?

Answer by louise2 at 3:22 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• wow!!! Good Luck in your search. I hope things turn around for u really soon!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:27 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I am walking a thin line as well this is why I am looking for a second job. Sorry (((((HUGS))))
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:46 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• You have no family or friends that are able to help you during this time? Other than that I have nothing else to suggest. I know that times are difficult for so many. Good luck
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:55 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Well, you are not thinking so right at this moment, but it is quite simple to avoid this problem. All you have to do is take charge of your life and say, YES I CAN! If you have that mentality, there is nothing that can stop you, even if you decided to INVEST your money into something that worked from home. Where there is a will there is a way! Since my husband and I began our work at home business we have never looked back! At first it is a few extra hundred a month and it increases to $$ beyond your current mind comprehension. When I first spoke with my companies 6 figure income earners, I couldn't believe what I was hearing, but sure enough, it IS possible.
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 5:16 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• not easy to avoid this problem? she got LAID OFF.
    yea you can think positive, but those are two separate things.
    yea you can get another job, but REALISTICALLY that could take some time
    even if it's just one month, its still time without work. do you qualify for disability?
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 6:52 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I'm so sorry :-(
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 6:59 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I don't know what state you are in, but most of the state unemployment offices have good online resources for job searches, resume building, and online applications. I'd go ahead and register/fill out the paperwork while you have access to a computer/internet. If you do end up staying at a shelter for a while, will you have access to the computers at your public library? I hope you are able to find some kind of living arrangement you are comfortable with and I wish you the best of luck with your job search.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 2:26 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• i agree u have to think realistically. im so sorry your going through this, maybe there will be a way for u to find some help.in my prayers,sometimes churches will help in your time of time of need. i hope u can find something. good luck!
    luckygirl2000

Answer by luckygirl2000 at 7:05 AM on Apr. 26, 2011