Do you think prison actually reforms anyone??

Or do the inmates just come out more lost and more likely to commit another crime?? What about children and teens- is juvenile detention doing anything to fix these kids or just making the problem worse???

skittles1108

Asked by skittles1108 at 4:02 PM on Apr. 23, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't believe prison reforms or rehabilitates anyone.
    Anonymous

• from what i am seeing on t.v. it seems alot of them are worse!!
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 4:03 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I have seen it happen, but it is not very often it does. The kids need to be controlled and they get away with a lot of stuff because they are too young to be tried as adult.

Answer by older at 4:04 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I agree w/anon. As a society, we simply don't know how to go about reforming these individuals. Of course, if we did, it would stand to reason that we could get to them earlier so they would not commit crimes in the first place.
    Anonymous

• It only makes them alot worse. Most of them struggle with trying to get jobs when they come out, lose hope and go and mess up, to only end up right back in jail.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 4:05 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Prison no- not unless they are doing psychiatric evals and counseling and therapy with each and every one of them. Juvenile I believe does do these things. If so then yes. I think those do.
    Anonymous

• That is a good question... DO they give inmates mental support while there?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:07 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Study's have proven that prison only shows a criminal how to be a better criminal. As long as they are allowed to form gang's and do nothing but lift weights and congregate with other criminals they will never be reformed while IN prison.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:09 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I think you have to have a mindset to do right. Unfortunately most of them don't come out better. But you have a few that do. We have this guy in our neighborhood who went to prison when I was a little girl. He got out of prison about 5 yrs ago. He has a decent job, home and he take care of his 3 little girls by his self. In other words I think YOU have to choose to do better for yourself.
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 4:10 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Yes I think prison has the potential to change people, if for no other reason than the determination not to ever go back.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:11 PM on Apr. 23, 2011