I'm pregnant and NOT married..Who will make the decisions for me and my baby if I'm unable to?? adult content

Lately I've been having crazy dreams about what can happen during L&D and just really want to have this question answered in advance. My mom will be there and so will be my boyfriend..(at least I hope he's there)Is there anyway I can get a plan in order BEFOREHAND and leave the deciding up to my mom because she is the most responsible one? I just want everything laid out because I dont want anyone left to wonder what I wanted or even to be bitter about the decisions that are to be made if any.... To me this is a pretty touchly subject and I really need serious adult answers on this guys...What do I need to start doing to take precautions??

prdVirgobby

Asked by prdVirgobby at 4:09 PM on Apr. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Write something out. I think they also offer you some information at the hospital for that. They always have you put down an emergency number as well.
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 4:10 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Whomever you sign the power of attorney for will have the say in what happens to you and the baby. I suggest you make your Mom your Proxy,.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:10 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• The babys father would come before your mom as far as the baby goes. But,as far as u go,then your mom would have the first and final say.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 4:10 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• If you are not married then it would automatically be you mother. The closest relative. Also include it in your plan.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:11 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I didn't think about hte baby... that is a good question... Talk to your OB to find out for sure.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:14 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• How do I make her my power of attorney???
    prdVirgobby

Comment by prdVirgobby (original poster) at 4:18 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• i would talk to your OB
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 4:20 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• It's called a living will, and most hospitals have info on it. call them and ask. my hospital here gives you the forms to fill out if you ask
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 4:30 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• to make her power attorney i would contact an attorney
    MamaSusieQ045

Answer by MamaSusieQ045 at 4:30 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• what can i do if ihave no money for an attorney??? can i type something get a witness to sign and then get it notorized????
    prdVirgobby

Comment by prdVirgobby (original poster) at 4:35 PM on Apr. 23, 2011