How do you make your sweet potatoes?

I have never make them but I got some the other day and have lots of other ingredients to use. So how do you make yours?

Brandi300

Asked by Brandi300 at 4:11 PM on Apr. 23, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I will bake them like baked potatoes and top them with honey and butter but last week I ct them into cubes and roasted them!! Tossed them in olive oil, tarragon, salt and pepper roasted them in a shallow pan for about an hour on 300. OMG they were good!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:13 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I bake them and we use brown sugar and cinnamon them like a regular baked potato. If you want candied ones use butter, brown sugar to make the syrup and the last 5 minutes of baking pour a bag of marshmallows on top.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:13 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I don't have any specific measurments, but I dice them, then add a little butter to the tops, then brown sugar top with mini marshmallows and bake. But a friend of mine added butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and pumpkin spice seasoning, then mashed them like mashed potatoes, and then topped with mini marshmallows and baked them, and it was pretty tasty.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:13 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Either I bake them like a regular potato. Yum. Or I peal them cut them up in small chunks. Drizzle with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Cover, roast at 420 for 1 hour. Yum.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:16 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• How long do I bake them does anyone know?
    Brandi300

Comment by Brandi300 (original poster) at 4:17 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• These all sound yummy! :)
    Brandi300

• I cook my potatoes with the skins on. You can bake them or boil them--baked is best. Let them cool enough so that you can handle them. To 3 c. mashed up sweet potatoes, add a stick of butter, 1 c. sugar, 1/2 tsp salt, 2 beaten eggs, 1 tsp vanilla, and about 1/2 milk. I add 1/3 C. flaked coconut. Mix that all together really well and put in a greased 9/13 dish. I make a topping out of 1 c. brown sugar, 1/2 c. Rice Krispies, 1 c. chopped pecans and another stick of softened butter(you might could get by with a little less.) Mix that together until it is crumbly and spread on top of potatoes. Bake at 350 30-35 minutes. This is a family favorite that I make every Christmas and Thanksgiving.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:18 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I bake them like you would russet potatoes, then scoop out the insides and mash with butter and brown sugar. Can't stand candied sweet potatoes - they're sweet enough as is.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:23 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Bake them at 400 until you can stick a fork easily into them. How long it will take depends on the size of the taters, so I always just test them with a fork. You might start checking after about 45 minutes, then every 15 minutes or so after that.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:24 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Okay thank you!!
    Brandi300

Comment by Brandi300 (original poster) at 4:27 PM on Apr. 23, 2011