How did you potty train your boy and how old were they?

Please only answer if your boy is already potty trained. I want to hear what actually works not what you are hoping works.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:27 PM on Apr. 23, 2011 in General Parenting

• How old is your son?
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 4:28 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Well I have 2 boys 7 and 3 both are potty trained. Now my 7 yr old was not fully potty trained until he was 4yrs old. He was very dificult finally his dad gave him child laxatives and sat him on the potty until he got tired of sitting on the potty all the time. My youngest was also dificult but I finally got him potty trained at 3. I would say the best advice I could give is don't use pullups they only confulse them. Good luck with the potty training.
    dlshaner

Answer by dlshaner at 5:37 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• ds was potty trained at 17 months (his choice, i swear) i helped him.. but he just caught onto how to do it.. and his father had nothing to do with it lol... hes fully potty trained and has been since he was 2... i got really lucky =]

good luck with it though!!
    dont force it or stress it because they just dont do it..
    try fun little games.. the "sink the cheerio" i heard works.
    JT32606

Answer by JT32606 at 6:22 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• That all depends on your kid. My son was potty trained at 2 1/2. We started a little after he turned 2 and he just wasn't getting it. He refused to use the little seat on the toilet so had to use his hands to hold himself up and then he'd pee over the top of toilet onto his feet and the floor. So I backed off a little until he was ready to use the little seat.
    Just before he turned 2 1/2 we were eating dinner and he started hopping around saying he had to pee. My husband happened to be home so I told him to deal with because it must be a guy thing, lol. He took him in there, stood him on his little stool, showed him how to aim and told him to pee. That was it. A couple days later he was peeing in the potty 100% of the time during the day. By the next week he was using it all the time during the day. Unfortunately he still wets the bed at 9 1/2.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:12 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I have 2 boys. They are 14 & 12 now. My oldest one was in daycare. I saw how much trouble they were having with the boys standing up at first. So I decide when it came to my boys. They were going to sit down until they got it. Then I let them go to the bathroom with there dad. They were pretty well trained by there 2nd birthday. I hope that help you out some.
    TeresaM35

Answer by TeresaM35 at 11:28 PM on Apr. 23, 2011