Have you heard?

Ok so on of my other questions spawned a new question altogether and i was wondering if other moms have experinced this too. Ok my 8 year old son came home from school one day and very casually told me that kids in the lunch room were playing the joking game. When i questioned him further on what this meant i was horrified at what i was hearing. Basically it's a game where the kids choke themselves til they almost pass out so that they can get a temporarily get a high. Now i have hear of this before but i NEVER thought they were doing it at this young age. i mean my son is in 3rd grade!! and what shocked me the most was my youngest daughter who is 5 and in kindergarden said that some kids in her class were doing it too!! So my question is this have you experienced this too? your child coming home and shocking you with a story like this? And also maybe we should start a group or something so when a mother learns of a new "fad" going around we can alert other mothers of what to look for?

amberpaiz

Asked by amberpaiz at 4:29 PM on Apr. 23, 2011 in General Parenting

• In school they would have morning announcements and one year the principal said "So-and-so game is forbidden! If students are caught doing so-and-so....." Hopefully more schools are doing this.
    BlueMockingbird

Answer by BlueMockingbird at 1:23 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• This choking game has been going on for a while,the kids r alot younger. Alot of kids died from this!!!! U need to make the school aware of this.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 4:32 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I have heard of it but only heard teens were doing this. I agree make the school aware of it, cause if teens do not know how dangerous this can be, imagine the little ones who think its something fun to do as well as watch.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 4:34 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Kid's were doing this WAY back in MY days in school. Its sad they are still doing it today. You can really damage yourself and cause brain damage. Id be calling the school to give them a heads up.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:36 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• my friends son was told when you get a girlfriend you stick your hot dog in her butt whole and have sex he was 7 so yeah kids say crazy things and do crazy things at a young age now.
    whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 4:34 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• yeah that was a huge thing when i was in highschool. really scary to know that kids that young are doing it too! my little sister is in the 6th grade, and she better not be playing it! guess i'll have to ask her!
    nikkimcnemar

Answer by nikkimcnemar at 5:18 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• cryingi had heard of it but didn't know that kids that young were doing it that is really sad

mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 4:32 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• That was going on when I was a kids too. I agree with vbruno, call the school. They definately need to send home a notice so all parents are aware.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 4:38 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• im terrified for my son to go to school with things like these going on
    KiraStadnik

Answer by KiraStadnik at 4:42 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• The choking game we used to play it tell one of the kids that played it with us fell out and we could not revive her and that is how we got in trouble.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:42 PM on Apr. 23, 2011