My 3 year old is starting the potty trainning, and well she keeps going in her underwear, what are some things that I could do to help her learn to go in the potty?

I ask my daughter like every 30 minutes, and when I do take her to the bathroom, she trys to fight me. I want her to be a big girl, but am I pushing her too much?

AmyAnne25

Asked by AmyAnne25 at 4:49 PM on Apr. 23, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Get her some pretty Princess undies or a character that she likes. Explain to her she that she can't get them dirty or wet.
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 4:54 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I got her hello kitty underwear, she loves them. I have sat down with her and tried to talk to her about being a big girl. She says ok. I want to make her a big potty chart with stickers. Maybe that will help.
    AmyAnne25

Comment by AmyAnne25 (original poster) at 4:56 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Its going to take time. We started on ds in October and we still have problems with him going when we have company or at someone else house and of course nightime. We getting there though. lol
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 4:58 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• She isn't ready yet so I would leave her alone, it is ok that she isn't ready yet. I just let my DD do it herself and she trained her self in less than a week. IF they are ready it is easy if they are not and you force it it can put them back much further.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 6:37 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• When the kids are ready they will go. With that being said. My son and I used to sing songd about the potty. I would take silly songs, like Ole Mcdonald and insert potty like things instead. He loved it. He went potty on the "big boy potty." Mommy was happy... : )
    chrismom19

Answer by chrismom19 at 7:17 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Agreed. I do not think that my daughter is ready at all. I will back off until she is ready!! Thanks ladies for all the great advice.
    AmyAnne25

Comment by AmyAnne25 (original poster) at 7:38 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• yeah if shes not ready it wont work very but well but i would still make it available to her as she wants to thats how i found out when my son was ready i just set his potty chair aside in his room when we quit because he wasnt ready and one day i was in there cleaning and he just took his diaper of and went and we were good ever since then he was 2
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 10:36 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• A suggestion, Try putting her on the potty/toilet once a day. If she's willing to sit, great. If not. try again the next day. When she'll sit willingly and sometimes pee, then try training her. We made sitting on the potty part of the bath routine since it came about 40 minutes after dinner and had a high chance of success for peeing. Also, realize that it takes some kids a while to know the feeling of having to pee so be consistent about taking her rather than just relying on her to know when she has to go. it took my son about 4 months to consistently know when he needed to go. Prior to that, I just took him regularly to keep him dry.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 11:11 AM on Apr. 25, 2011