Ever hear of Angelfood Ministries?

great food for great prices!! I just picked up four boxes to feed my family of four for about 3+ weeks for the low price of $120. Great company if you have one near you!

dragonqueen

Asked by dragonqueen at 5:29 PM on Apr. 23, 2011 in Food & Drink

• We tried them too. I liked the price, but didn't really like the quality of the food. Our box came with "precooked" chicken nuggets that were completely raw in the middle (and did not cook in the time given on the package), pork chops that tasted really bad - almost had a "dusty" flavor (we ended up throwing them out), steaks that had that same dusty flavor (even after marinating overnight) and also ended up in the trash. There was also a pound of hamburger that had a lot more fat content than the regular ground beef from the grocery store. Really, for our money we ended up being able to enjoy a pound of spaghetti and a pound of frozen broccoli. I'm not sure if we just got a bad box or if the quality is better in other parts of the country, but for us it was a lot of our week's grocery budget in the trash - and we ended up eating A LOT of sandwiches because the meat was so bad. )c:

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 5:48 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• We tried them once and I didnt like them either. Some of the food to be honest I could have bought myself for the same or less with coupons.

Answer by gemgem at 5:57 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• i have heard of them, but never used them we just go to a meat market where we get 50 pounds of meat for 119.00 that feeds our family (of 4 and one on the way) for a month sometimes a little over a month
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 6:15 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I have heard of them but never tried them (they are not avail. in my city). My city does have a SHARE program where each month you can get different foods (in whatever quantity you want) for a reduced price. Some of the things were good, others not so good-- depended on the product they had on hand.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 6:20 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• never used them
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 6:37 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I like it, I just picked up my boxes today, the meat will last for about a month (2 adults, 2 children) it really helps us stretch our food dollar in these difficult times. I have been getting it on and off for about a year now, there hasn't been anything inedible in the boxes, and it has made me cook things I never thought I could (whole chickens, dried beans) It works for us
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 7:02 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I've never used them but I know alot of people that do.
    KamiB79

Answer by KamiB79 at 9:35 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I tried them once. The quality of the food sucked. I can get better deals on better quality things on my own.
    onecuteladybug2

Answer by onecuteladybug2 at 3:00 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I have heard of them and it seems like a nice program but I am not in need of their services.
    ceciliam

Answer by ceciliam at 10:17 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I have heard of them but never used it
    PrincessPeach06

Answer by PrincessPeach06 at 2:16 PM on Apr. 24, 2011