Any other way to get the skin off a chili to make chili relleno?

i put my hot skillet on top of a plastic container one day. i didnt really notice so the plastic melted on the bottom of the skillet and the stupid boiler in the stove make a huge smoke and had all the smoke alarms go off and DH got pissed. i can never make certain things because this stupid apartment building smoke alarms go off even when i cook normal foods or boil water. its pathetic. so now i have half my chilis burned and half still needs to be chared. no other way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:29 PM on Apr. 23, 2011 in Food & Drink

• can you put them under the broiler in the oven?
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 5:43 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• When I had that problem with rentals I would have to open windows to cook.

Answer by louise2 at 5:43 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• you need to soak it in egg white and fry it
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 5:43 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Heat up an Iron Skillet ( comal) no oil no nothing....then put the chili relleno raw on top, and flip them so they can start burning evenly..once they b urn peel the skin off. Once they are burned out in container, plastic bag on top let sit for a minute and start peeling that skin. Then you make an incision about 2 inches and take out all of the seeds. They you can fill them with ground beef, cheese or chicken...get creative..use a tooth pick to close the incision then batter three whites for 4-6 chilis then dip in batter and some people use flour...we do not but then fry them in a pan : ) cook one side until golden and then the other side ( make sure the ground beef is cooked before you stuff)
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 5:49 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I don't use a skillet. I put them on the stove rack. Then cover them w a moist cloth in a platic bag. This will help the skin peel off without having to ruin the flavor by putting them under running water.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 6:02 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• yeah i would suggest the broiling option thats what i do
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 6:26 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• You can broil them or just place the chile directly onto the flame.
    onecuteladybug2

Answer by onecuteladybug2 at 2:59 AM on Apr. 24, 2011