When you feed baby gerber foods do you still feed with milk or only the gerber foods?

if still feed with the milk while feeding gerber foods how do you know when to feed the baby milk? because isn't she replacing the milk with gerbers? im confused sorry, can anyone explain this to me! im sooo lost :(

joymoon87

Asked by joymoon87 at 6:02 PM on Apr. 23, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I start feeding my baby boy gerber food at 4 months and he loves it I give him everyday one of the first food for supporter sitter I try just fruits like banana, apple,pear not vegetables yet but he likes them alot I still feed him with the bottle
    LinaG02

Answer by LinaG02 at 6:17 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• the baby gerber food is really just for the babies to learn textures of new foods. it is not to replace the formula/breastmilk. im guessing you baby is around 6 months if you are feeding her baby food so she still needs milk 6-8 times i day. make sure you still give your baby milk. they need formula or breastmilk until the are a year old!! i would only give your baby baby food like twice a day as well
    KiraStadnik

Answer by KiraStadnik at 6:05 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• have the baby finish a bottle FIRST and then try the food. Baby food is IN ADDITION to,not replacing formula/breastmilk

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:19 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Still use the formula/breastmilk. This is where their main source of nutrition comes from. I would mix the cereal with the formula/breastmilk. At first, I would just give the cereal at breakfast and then bottles the rest of the day. Then I added some veggies at lunch and continue with the bottles, etc.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:22 PM on Apr. 23, 2011