Big 3 work for $1.00?? How about a new car for $1.00??

How many of you think that the economy would benefit MORE from being able to buy a car for $1.00?? How is CEO salaries for $1.00 gonna help US??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:29 AM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I think the Execs that let this get so far in ALL major corporations should be brought up on trial! There are starving families of laid off employees out there, and these people think they can "inspire a better and brighter tomorrow" with thier fortunes taking care of them. $1.00 a year! Thats a joke- they don't give a rats a$$ about anyone other then themselves. Execs- wipe thier a$$es with money, what do they care about thier employees as long as they are personally getting a government handout.
    Anonymous

• Well they want to focus on electric cars...do you know they cost $30,000. I don't know about you but I don't have that kind of money.
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 6:54 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• The problem with their "offer" to work for a dollar a year is that it does not include all the perks they get as well as contractial aggreements of bonus' etc. This dollar a year salary offer is a joke! This isn't going to help them and it sure won't help the average American.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 7:25 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• My hubby recently lost his job from the the industry. I think, if they don't turn a profit in the next 12-24 months, the execs should be fired. There is no excuse for the crap they and the UAW have been feeding us.
    myame

Answer by myame at 7:30 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• my hubby works for uaw and were just praying it all works out somehow!!
    leahc

Answer by leahc at 8:12 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I still they should have to file chapter 11 protection. The UAW needs to be restructured. The Exec's compensation needs to be restructured.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:34 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• The funny thing is my aunt and uncle both work for ford... and its the WORKERS fault... they have told us that have a quota or something that have to make for each shift.. say its 20 and they need 40 made... well the workers will finish their 20 by lunch time... and since their union protects them.. they don't have to make the other 20.. instead they have gyms in these ( i don't know about all but in the last two they did that they worked in) so they just go work out go read go relax until their off. THEN they get asked to work over time to make the other TWENTY that they should have worked to make in the first place... thats why cars and this industry is the way it is. thats why we pay an arm and a leg.. because THEY have to pay an arm and a leg to just get THEM MADE. its quite sickening. I believe they made between 150,000-200,00 last year between the two of them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:59 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Restructuring their business absolutely NEEDS to happen. A few people taking a few million less dollars a year isn't going to make the needed impact on their bottom line. They need to get the union contracts under control and keep them realistic. They need to pay their top brass way less, and if they want to make incentives, then make it on profitability, not production. They need to build more competitive products for today's and the future markets. And they need to hold themselves accountable when the crap hits the fan, not go running for a bailout. Had they done all of the above, they wouldn't be needing a bailout.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:25 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Totally agree with Quinnmae here and I will add that these union workers are over paid to do nothing. Sure there are some of them that earn what they make but their not required to do a whole lot and their insurance is paid for. My dh worked union for 13 yrs and its no secret that a non union co could run the job for way less. They need to either abolish the union or restructure it as part of their overhaul plan. Working on the line doesn't need $30 an hour with all their insurance paid for by the employer as well as 401ks and raises every year.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:48 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• reply to anon 7:59--- yeah that sounds like poor work ethics, but how many people in this time do you know that can afford to go out and buy a new car? definitely not anybody I know...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Dec. 3, 2008