Do you think 25 is an approperate age to get your tubes tied?

Im 25 yrs old and i have a 3 yr old son. He is my world and i love him so dearly but i honestly feel like i do not want anymore children. Conner is more then enough love and onriness lol and im perfectly content with JUST him! All my friends and family say he needs a lil brother or sister. Befor i had my son i was pragnant with a beautiful daughter but 7 months into the pregnancy she passed away due to a kink in her cord. Having my son was the biggest relief and at the same time i had a lot of anxiety, always worrying about what could go wrong. This is another reason why i just dont want to have any more children. Getting my tubes tied would completely put me at ease. My husband on another hand wants 1 more . . . errr!

31angelmommy3

Asked by 31angelmommy3 at 6:41 PM on Apr. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I'm not going to say you're too young.... I'm going to say you don't know how you will feel when you realize you're baby boy is growing up and oesn't need you like he used to. My suggestion: get an IUD. You will be covered for at least 5 years. Plenty of time to talk things through with your hubby and see how you feel when your LO isoff to school.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 7:54 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• yes, i think it's too early. I didn't want another child at 25, but now that I'm thirty...i feel totally different about it & you might too.

I now lots of momma's who said "no more" while in there twenties...but eventually wanted more.

You still have lots of time & you are going to grow, mature & change...so i say wait. There are many birth control options out there for right now. Most Dr.'s wont do it anyway unless you have a certain number of kids or are above a certain age.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:45 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• You are too young! you never know what life has in store for you, don't do it.

Answer by older at 6:50 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I think 25 is awfully young to make that decision.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 6:43 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I am 28 and I think 25 is a little young. For awhile I didn't want any more kids, now I am tryin to figure out how to talk my DH into another one. (we have 4 already) If it was me I would give it sometime before I decided, You never know, in a couple years you might wanna give Conner a little brother or little sister.
    firepony

Answer by firepony at 6:46 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I think you should continue the conversation with your husband you both decide on something in which yall agree. At age 24, I was single with one child (who I had when I was a teen) and I had absolutely no desire for more. Then I met my husband only weeks after proclaiming how my daughter would be an only child. Now we have 3 and expecting 1 more. You never know where your life journey will take you. Don't permanently close doors that you have any doubt about keeping open.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 6:47 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Well from a lady who had her tubes tied at that age. It was a personal choice. If you dont wany anymore, talk with your husband at length and tell him your reasons why you dont want anymore. He will understand. Come to an agreement and then what ever your decsion is, make it and stick with it. Life is short. You can always adopt later if you do it and then decide you want more. There are many kiddos out there who need love. I am planning on adopting this year. I had a hysterectomy and can not have anymore. I have lots of love to give yet..

Hope it helps alittle. Hugs, Terri
    chrismom19

Answer by chrismom19 at 7:11 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Most docs won't do it until at least 26 and 2 live births
    many women change their minds 5-10 years down the road

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:43 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• age isnt a factor, i think its all about what you and your husband want
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 6:43 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• i think its to young, you might change your mind in 10 years!
    KiraStadnik

Answer by KiraStadnik at 6:57 PM on Apr. 23, 2011