Hubby got me boxer for anniversy. he is 12 wks and is adorable. Any one else have a boxer

??? what can u tell ME abt this breed. THANKS SO MUCH!

Rydersmommy616

Asked by Rydersmommy616 at 6:43 PM on Apr. 23, 2011 in Pets

• They are super cute! my SIL and BIL has 2 of them and use to breed them, cute dogs
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 6:44 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• They are very loyal and want to please. But the first year can be a nightmare! I have one and we crated trained him till he was 18 months old. Everyone said it was cruel, but he didnt eat my carpet or molding and now he is 4 and could go 18 hours alone loose in the house without any accidents. He is my best daytime buddy! Congrats and good luck!
    TrueGrits

Answer by TrueGrits at 6:48 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• they are super hyper & need lots of exercise. They tend to think they're the alpha, so make you yo ulet him/her know it's place...YOU are hte alpha...not the dog. They will chew through your house & home while teething, they have strong jaws & need lots of chew toys.

Boxers need lots of exercise, space & attention. If you lack those things, they can become out of control dogs. They need to let their energy out in order to be calm inside the house.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:49 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• LOL!! I read it wrong at first and thought you meant boxer underweat! LOL!

I LOVE Boxers!! You are so lucky! =) Very smart dogs/
    txnmomof4

Answer by txnmomof4 at 7:10 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• we have a boxer he will be 3 in june we had him since he was 7 weeks old.his name is rocky. he is a very loyal dog, they spoil very easily, love your blankets/pillows, love to play tug of war so make sure to get yours the rope with the knot in the end ..they love that toy,lol. i don't promote giving table food( but i have to admit we do sometimes) be careful with doing that because they get very use to that. they are messy eaters food will be on the floor, some people say their drools alot but rocky doesnt. their fart is HORRIBLE, lol. they will follow you around the house. very active dogs, love attention. makes sure to train to not jump up on you because you know they are know as clown dogs so they are very playful and will be for the rest of their laughs. and they jump alot. you will be amazed how much they do with their paws< you will have to see to understand that comment. but you have a good dog, enjoy.oh they love ice
    mztxdelta

Answer by mztxdelta at 8:29 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I can tell you they are hyper. They need regular exercise. They need proper socialization, training, they need good food (not the grocery store crap, or the stuff from Wal Mart) and they need to be cared for well. This is not, nor is any breed really, a dog you can dump in the backyard once the cuteness wears off and ignore.

You will need firm training, which includes positive reinforcement and no physical punishment. Often, they can be stubborn and some can be difficult to house train.

I am going to guess that because you needed to ask about the breed, you didn't do any research. FInd some boxer breeders or boxer messageboards and talk to people there. They will be able to help as well.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 11:52 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I do not have one but its the type of breed I really want once we get a home with a great backyard!!
    annabelle092810

Answer by annabelle092810 at 7:54 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I have raised the Boxer breed for about 20 years. They are the most loving, loyal dog you can have. I've never met a bad Boxer...only bad owners.
    Arabella

Answer by Arabella at 2:01 AM on May. 7, 2011