How do you be Super Mom with chronic pain and fatigue?

TrueGrits

Asked by TrueGrits at 6:46 PM on Apr. 23, 2011 in Health

• just gotta cowgirl up and bare it
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 6:47 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• You don't. No one needs to be a super mom. Just be a good and loving mom. That's enough.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 6:49 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• What if I cant find my boots? LOL
    TrueGrits

Comment by TrueGrits (original poster) at 6:49 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I have a few "invisible illnesses" and today has to be one of the worst days I have had in a long tim... I take breaks when I can and count the minutes till Dh gets home then I take the night off :-/... Buts its really hard to see other moms be able to do so much more with there children, that I sometimes just can't.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 6:50 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• You don't!

Answer by older at 6:52 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I know, I hate when my kids want me to jump or run with them and I can't, or when they ask me," Mommy are you sick today?". Makes me fell like the biggest loser Mom around.
    TrueGrits

Comment by TrueGrits (original poster) at 7:00 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• well it depends on what exactly your ailment or disability is.

I have hidden backup plans in place often. I always have either a new movie netflix or rented or purchased on hand 24/7. Always something new. So if I require an emergency nap I'll have approx 85 minutes of pure silence.

I also hand out migraine money to my kids. I use home oxygen when my migraines are bad and the time of day is inappropriate for me to take narcotics (IE too many hours til hubby is home from work) so for every 20 minutes or so they play nicely, read, watch a show, computer game, etc etc they get migraine money (or boo boo bucks) to redeem at dollar store or cheap area of Target

my secret NAUGHTY weapon is 1500+ mg of caffeine daily. (avg can of coke has about 32mg) It's suppose to be terrible for fibromyalgia. BUT.... I don't think the dr's who did that medical study have small kids. And I do. so.... yeah
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 7:16 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• 3happykidds : how nice for your kids that they have a mommy in good health. and when you have a hang nail or a splinter it's awesome you can cowgirl up. However when some of us try that (those with serious chronic medical conditions) we can have a stroke in front of the kids from a blood pressure spike, or just pass out cold from the pain - therefore leaving our children unsupervised while we lay unconscious on the floor.

How dare you say something so cruel to the OP. You should be ashamed of yourself and you owe her an apology.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 7:19 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I've given up trying to be supermom and just do the best that I can :)
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 7:35 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I WANTED CHILDREN FROM WELL, FOREVER. i WAS GIVEN MEDICATION FOR MY BACK THAT WAS DANGERTOUS AND LEECHED INTO MY SPINAL CPOLUM, EXPLODING DISC AFTER DISC AND CAUSING ME GREAT P[AIN AND HARDSHIP ON THE ENTIRE FAMILY, PLUS THE KNOWLEDGE THAT MOST DO NOT CARE IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM BECAUSE THEY DON'T EVER WANT ONE THEMSELVES.
    i DO ALOT WITH MY TWIN SONS, AND THAT IS TOO MUCH SOMETIMES, BUT I TRY AND KEEP TO MY MED SCHEDULE, ALTHOUGH I DON'T DONW IF IT EVEN WORKS ANYMORE. i LOVE THEM AND SING AND TRY TO DANCE, AND I AM THE ONLY MOMMY THE KNOW OR EVER HOPEFULLU WILL KNOW. SINCE I HAVE TWO IT IS VERY HARD AND I CAN'T WALK UPRIGHT SOME NIGHTS BUT I GUESS I AM A MARTYR IN THIS AREA ALONE BECAUSE THEY LOVE ME AND I ADORE AND LOVE THEM BEYOND EVERYTHIN AND MAYBE YOU CAN FIND PLACES LIKE KINDERMUSIK SO YOU WON'T HAVE TO CHASE YOUR CHILD OR SOME PLACE FOR A FEW GHOURS OF YOU TIME. YOU CAN DO THIS. WE CAN DO THIS, AND WE WILL!!!!!
    CHESHIRECAT906

Answer by CHESHIRECAT906 at 8:26 PM on Apr. 23, 2011