How did you celebrate Earth Day this year?

It was raining here yesterday (official Earth Day) so we weren't able to enjoy the great outdoors yesterday. However, we did do a few small things like get our recycling together and we made a few crafts from things to recycle them with our children.
Today our town celebrated Earth Day by having our annual Earth Day celebration. Our family walked the 4 miles (2miles 1-way) to the celebration and to our Farmers Market.
We had a blast!

MamaCortney

Asked by MamaCortney at 6:59 PM on Apr. 23, 2011 in Just for Fun

• We didn't do anything official for Earth Day. My oldest was sick and I was just plain tired.

The day before we went down to a friend's ranch. We helped her weed her broccoli beds and planted broccoli. We played with the dogs and sheep. It is an amazing place. They are just getting started but are doing an wonderful job of farming with the ecology instead of just using it for their needs.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 7:05 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• sorry to hear about sick child...hope all is well now...and what you and your friend di sounds good to me :D
    MamaCortney

Comment by MamaCortney (original poster) at 7:09 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Nothing. I was busy coloring easter eggs most of the day.

Answer by gemgem at 7:20 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• We were having crazy thunder storms, so no. But today the hubby and I cleaned up our front and back yards, planted our garden, and even started to plant some flowers.
    mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 8:43 PM on Apr. 23, 2011