Is there some special way to do this?

I have an old Bible that I don't use anymore (I recieved a much nicer one for my wedding years ago). The old Bible has my handwriting inside of it so I don't think it's appropriate to donate. Is there a special way of getting rid of old Bibles? You know, like there's a special way to get rid of the American Flag?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:02 PM on Jul. 10, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I agree with kabboto1, pass it down to your children. We have 6 bibles in our household. Each one is very special and has a story behind it, especially my grandmothers family bible giving to her at her wedding over 70 yrs ago. So that bible has been passed down to me. They also come in handy during bible studies :-)
    08blessing

Answer by 08blessing at 5:38 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• That's a tough one, and I don't know if there is a special way to do it. If you have children, I might suggest putting it up until they are the same age you were when you started writing in the bible and giving it to them...maybe they would be able to relate to some of the notes you made.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 3:49 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• Our church takes old Bibles, even with handwriting in them, and sends them over seas to people who do not have the Bible. Perhaps your church or a church in the area does this as well.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 4:05 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• I can't bear to part with any of my "old" Bibles. My Mom found one of mine that I had when I was approx. 10yrs old. My Dad was a pastor at that time. One of the notes I had written in there was where the text was located, and what the sermon was about. There was also a notation that "Dad didn't preach very good." There was also little notes about the different guys I liked and so forth. It was pretty funny.
    zachsmom900

Answer by zachsmom900 at 12:21 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Ask someone at your church. And I wouldn't worry about donating it because of the writing inside. You never know, maybe the next person who gets your bible would enjoy seeing another persons interpretation.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 4:58 PM on Jul. 11, 2008