Overtalker

Ok more me venting then anything,, I coach TBall, and I have the one parent that has to overtalk me with everything.. aaarrrggghhh really seriously ???? so I took her aside last week and asked her to please let me coach and cousel the kids, I do appreciate the help on the field however I make the rules I am the coach and I would like to be respected as so, she seemed to be ok with it until the recent game when she was at it again, yup so really do I need to call the big guy to have a talk with you? its just annoying

jadeyazi

Asked by jadeyazi at 7:21 PM on Apr. 23, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Suggest to her that if she continues to undermine and contradict you that you will remove her child from the team and or ban her from the games. They ban unruly parents all the time from kid's games.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:24 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• It happens. My dd is in her second year of softball and man there are so many parents like that. Do you guys have rules for the league at all addressing it? Our coaches all have them printed out and give them to us.

Answer by gemgem at 7:50 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• That is frustrating. Kudos for you for addressing it and saying something!
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 8:15 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• yes we do have rules, and I did hand them out and went a step further I had a parent only meeting and read them to the entire group then had them sign a sheet stating they read/I read them and they recieved a copy and all were signed, yes they can be taken outta the game, I do not want to punish the child because of their parents rudness.. I did let her know if she does this agian it will be what happens.. she called the main person on me and they told her I wouldnt have given you that much of a chance.. so we shall see if she makes it to the next game..
    jadeyazi

Comment by jadeyazi (original poster) at 12:25 AM on Apr. 24, 2011